Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Mental Health Worries  (Read 86 times)

Offline math989

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Mental Health Worries
« on: April 20, 2014, 04:13:38 PM »
Hello everyone,
I'm currently a high school student and my current worries are with developing behavoural disorders such as ADD or ADHD. I started to be paranoid with this a couple days ago when i saw the videos on the symptoms that people with ADHD deal with. Because of this video, i have been assessing every aspect of life and its relation to ADHD.

Here are some of my symptoms:

I like to move my leg up and down sometimes because it feels good i guess? 

Sometimes i get this feeling that i have a lot of energy in my body that needs to be used physically.

I was talking to my friend of course selections and then we got to the topic of university coop i dont remember if i changed the topic or what happened; all i know is that we started there and ended in a different topic

I feel like i am slaking in school because im staying up later to do homework and assignments, this was probably due to my hypochondria

Keep in mind by slaking i dont mean like im failing because im FAR from that, i dont like to brag about my marks but they are high

I say to myself that im going to start my homework at 6 but then i find this video and then another one that is cool that i have to watch

I some what procrastinate because i told myself that i was going to finish my English project yesterday but i was having to much fun playing video games and watching videos, this project is due in 5 days.

Sometimes when i get my undergarments, i accidentally open the wrong drawer and get socks and then i wonder why did i get theseI

I usually stay on task to finish my work but sometimes i want to take a break to go on a social media website or watch a quick youtube video

Lastly, when i am in school, i rarely play with my hands or items around me

Those are all of the symptoms that im currently experiencing right now and i think that all of this started when my cancer fears did but the thought of ADHD is always been prevalent in my mind. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 41
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Mental Health Worries
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 06:18:00 PM »
What you're describing to me just sounds like being a human being.  Don't worry about ADHD.  If you're not struggling in school or other areas of life, try to relax. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ira

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Mental Health Worries
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2014, 07:00:26 PM »
I wouldn't worry so much about it being mental health at your age.  When you're in high school you're body is still growing and your hormones are pumping like mad.  It'll make you act weird.  If you are truly concerned ask a family member's opinion.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: