Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Awful rotten taste in mouth for weeks  (Read 294 times)

Offline miika

• Rec's: 10
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
    • Poke This Member
Awful rotten taste in mouth for weeks
« on: April 20, 2014, 02:39:07 PM »
What could it be? Drives me crazy! Nothing helps. Really Really discusting taste.
Bookmark and Share

Offline miika

Exhausted
    • Poke This Member
Re: Awful rotten taste in mouth for weeks
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 02:57:12 PM »
Its better in a morning.....gets worse around 7-8 pm. Weird. First i was sure it was stuff coming from sinus (had a flu, allergies, chronic sinus issue). Then few days ago I noticed when i kinda suck my teeth(if you know what i mean) certain area, there was coming this bad taste. I do have a tooth there that should be fixed next month, propably root canal. Could it be "just" gum infection? Oh and the taste is more another side of mouth, where the bad tooth, bad sinus are. I also have acid reflux, but it has its own taste, not this one.

It tastes like *****, not sure if rotten is the right word but anyways...really bad.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 35
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2014, 03:34:08 PM »
I would guess sinuses, post nasal drip - and yeah a gum infection is possible, though I think unlikely without pain or other symptoms, though I don't know.  I doubt anything super serious but if it's bothering you this much, see a doctor or dentist. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline snowberry

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2014, 03:45:00 PM »
It could be tonsil stones. Food gets trapped in pockets in your tonsils, and over time hardens into some sort of calcium-based stone that can cause both bad breath and a gross taste in the mouth. Do you taste it strongly when you swallow drink? Because this is tonsil stones to a tee. They are unpleasant, but completely harmless. They will fall out on their own, where you can either spit 'em out or, if you're asleep, you'll probably swallow it. Again, harmless.

Have a look at your tonsils in the mirror. Sometimes you can see them - they are white dots. You can't always see them, though, depending on where they sit. You might have one or more than one.
Bookmark and Share

Offline miika

Exhausted
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2014, 11:29:01 AM »
Thanx. Yeah tonsils maybe. Thought today I have not had the taste so bad yet, but only when I suck my teeth and it kinda comes there for a moment. I dont know, Feel like going deep into hypochondria stuff again :( oh and woke up with a weird lump in a troath feeling, again the same side where all the other weird stuff is happening.

Bookmark and Share

Offline patagonia816

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2014, 03:21:28 PM »
Could be sinuses. If a tooth is bad, that too could cause bad breath. See a dentist...and in the meantime, gargle and rinse with peroxide and warm salt water. Also try something called 'oil pulling.' Look it up.
Bookmark and Share
We're all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. - Oscar Wilde

Offline miika

Exhausted
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2014, 04:26:55 PM »
I have a dentist visit 7th of may, to fix the tooth. Really bad dentist fear, but finally after 12 years, 2 weeks ago had first tooth fixed! wow! Lots of work to do.....but can I wait that long?

My sinus is feeling really stuffy today. pain in throat (and ump feeling), ear, eye.....and damn dizzy. and pressure where the bad tooth is, odd......not sure what is what,

Do I have 2 seperate issues at the same time?  :sick0002:

Bookmark and Share

Offline miika

Exhausted
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2014, 07:59:42 AM »
Still having this :( Don taste it at the moment, since its not evening yet. Now I certain I have throat C or something bad! It definitely gets worse after eating/drinking when its on. weird weird stuff again, my body is damn odd.

also I noticed complaining the same thing here in late 2012. Only that the taste was like medicine then. other than that, same side, started in evening etc. It lasted for a long time then and then gone. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline miika

Exhausted
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2014, 02:25:54 PM »
So, today had sinus x-ray, nothing much there, had a sinus puncture......no help. So its not sinus related :( damn. no tonsil stones either. This is so damn weird symptom, Cant take this anymore!! As a new symptom sometimes I smell ***** in my nose (only other side) for a few seconds, like someone just farted  :sick0002: Odd odd symptoms again, like always my symptoms are.

Is it tooth related, brain tumor, epilepsy etc etc? It just won go away. I so tired of this everything....24/7 brain fog, sleepy all the time, dizzynes from hell etc (these are nothing new for me though)
Bookmark and Share

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 6
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2014, 07:01:32 AM »
Most likely causes are seasonal allergies and/or food between your teeth which is rotting away.

Solution for both is to floss, brush your teeth, scrape your tongue and use Listerine.  Do it twice a day for a couple of days and it will improve.

Also, if you don't floss regularly then you will see blood when you floss - its perfectly normal and goes away after a couple of days of flossing
Bookmark and Share

Offline miika

Exhausted
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2014, 07:13:09 AM »
thanx! Got an appointment for oral hygienist next week, hopefully it helps.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ihadcancer

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2014, 08:53:28 AM »
It could still be tonsil stones. An ENT would dig open the crypts of the tonsils and look for even minute amounts of crud. It smells like nasty dog poo.......  They're soft so wouldn't show up on xrays.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: