Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I'm so scared...  (Read 205 times)

Offline K8lyn13

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I'm so scared...
« on: April 20, 2014, 02:30:36 AM »
Hi. My name is Kaitlyn. I'm 19 years old. It's just me and my mom or sometimes I go to my dad's. Growing up for most teenage girls was kinda hard. The new guys my mom dated, the heartbreaks I went through, the school work, friends, people being mean etc. with all of that I even started to self harm to take away the pain.  I was, however, pretty good at making myself feel better. I could be crying at one time then perfectly fine the next. I tried to be happy as much as possible. But then this year, suddenly things changed. I was sad and anxious all the time. I had bad thoughts in my head that just wouldn't get out. It was driving me crazy. I then had one of my first panic attacks so my mom took me to the doctor. He diagnosed me with anxiety/depression. And I have a slight case of ocd. He prescribed me with 100mg of zoloft (and xanax as needed). The first couple weeks on zoloft were terrible. I'd cry over everything and just wanted the pain to go away. After some time I started to feel myself again and was so excited. But after awhile it felt like the meds have worn off. (I've been on them 4monthz now) Now I feel tired all the time, very easily irritable, my intrusive thoughts have come back, and I just straight up feel sick. The reason why I was put on zoloft is because my mom also has the exact same things as me. She takes zoloft and it is said that if one antidepressant works for one member of the family, it usually works for the other. I'm just so terrified now. I'm scared that I will never find something that works for me.  I'm scared that mom will not want to help me. I asked if I can see a psychiatrist but we can't afford it. My moms pretty bad and I don't want to end up like her. Please someone give me advice. I just want to be me again...
Bookmark and Share

Offline MobileChucko

• Try? Try not! There is no try...
  • Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 23
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I'm so scared...
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 01:26:45 PM »
Hi Kaitlyn...  Welcome to Anxiety Zone!  My name is Chuck, and I am one of the Global Moderators here on the site.

You are now a member of our community, where you will find support and advice from other members in similar situations.   It's always nice to find someone else who understands, and to know you're not alone.

We have sections in the forum that address specific concerns, so feel free to post or start a new topic in the section that best fits your situation.  Feel free to explore the rest of the forum.  You may find the other topics helpful, and you may be able to offer advice or support to someone else.

We also have a chat room for members over the age of 18.  Once you have made three meaningful posts, you will be allowed access to the chat room.

Kaitlyn, Zoloft is a very good anti-depressant.  You are on a therapeutic dose at 100 mg, however, many individuals, especially those with anxiety disorders, may require even a higher dose to achieve good results.  I would suggest that you talk to your doctor about increasing the dose, and see how that works for you.  If it don't help, you might just need to switch anti-depressants.

You might also wish to check and see if your community offers some mental health services for free, or at least on a sliding scale form of payment.  Therapy, such as cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) can often times be as effective as medications.  I have just started learning CBT.

Again, welcome to Anxiety Zone.  I am so glad that you are here on the forum, as you will find people that really understand what you are going through.

The very best to you, Kaitlyn!...  Chuck :grinning-smiley-003:
Bookmark and Share

Offline bobbyassustado

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 05:20:46 PM »
Kaitlyn, I feel pretty much like you. I could see myself in your words. You are not alone.
Bookmark and Share

Offline K8lyn13

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 10:10:57 PM »
I'm sorry you feel like that, but it's nice to know I'm not alone.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: