Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: did i just have a seizure?  (Read 222 times)

Offline corwin

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
did i just have a seizure?
« on: April 20, 2014, 01:59:16 AM »
currently trying to stave off a panic attack after something very scary just happened.

i had a good day today, anxiety was very low as i was kept busy by painting my room with my mom. today is probably the least anxious i've felt in quite a while. well, of course my good streak has to be broken because i was just sitting here in bed working on something, not even worrying about my health at all, when suddenly i got this terrible head rush feeling that lasted a few seconds. it felt as though i was lifting out of my body and my head didn't belong to me anymore. the room wasn't spinning and it didn't feel like lightheadedness, it felt as though there was a literal dizzy "rush" through only my head. the only thing i can compare it to is something like vertigo. and then it was gone, although now i feel dizzy from it and quite ill and very very nervous that it's a sign of something horrible. this is especially depressing considering that i felt like i was having a pretty good few days not obsessing over my health and suddenly this is thrown at me out of nowhere.

it didn't affect my vision so i didn't have any blurriness or double vision, it just literally felt like my brain was floating, like a big "whoosh" sensation through my head. i wish i could describe it better but i can't.

considering that having a brain tumor is my biggest fear in the universe right now, this sudden head rush i just got really isn't helping. i've had this sensation a few times in the past and it's never any less terrifying when it hits.

please, can someone pop in with a comment that they've experienced this kind of head rush before? i'm not going to be able to sleep now worrying about this and i'm extremely upset so if anyone could help that would be highly appreciated.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Guitarcad1991

• Rec's: 1
  • Hi I'm Chris get to know me
    • Poke This Member
Re: did i just have a seizure?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 02:21:20 AM »
I've had this exact thing before. Happens maybe once every month to me. I've had CT Scan of my brain, so I can assure you this occurrence is not from brain tumors. I doubt it was a seizure, seizures don't last 4 seconds. Trust me, it's literally nothing to worry about. I know exactly what you mean, it feels like vertigo, really strong vertigo, only it last for like 3-10 seconds.
Bookmark and Share

Offline corwin

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2014, 02:28:50 AM »
thank you so much for replying, i appreciate it so much.

and yes, it felt like the weirdest sort of vertigo i've ever had, like a huge whoosh through my head that made me feel like i was lifting out of my body or something? i did a quick google of other anxiety sufferers getting this sensation and apparently it's common, but god it's scary...so easy to convince myself that it was a partial seizure and it's making it very hard to get some sleep.
Bookmark and Share

Offline corwin

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2014, 02:09:24 PM »
i'm in an awful state today because of this and had to sleep downstairs with my mom like a five-year-old. the whole sensation brought back awful memories of having these scary random lightheaded spells as a little kid. i'm trying really hard not to attribute this to a brain tumor since i've had scans and tests in the past and everything was fine but i just can't seem to shake this. if anyone else has any thoughts or experiences with sudden vertigo/lightheadedness/head rushes i would be really grateful.
Bookmark and Share

Offline fhestia

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2014, 03:24:30 PM »
Just a shot in the dark, but maybe it was a reaction to the paint fumes since you spent the day painting?  I will have weird dizzy sensations like that with certain strong odors (gasoline, diesel exhaust, etc.)
Bookmark and Share

Offline corwin

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2014, 04:51:24 PM »
i was wondering if painting might've had something to do with it too, or maybe a pinched nerve in my neck from leaning my head back so much yesterday while painting? ugh i'm trying so hard not to get anxious over this but it's like i'm WAITING for it to happen again and the fear of it is really distracting. i've had this feeling before and it usually happens when i'm sitting still and looking at something for a while, like a computer screen or the tv or a book, and suddenly i'll just get this weird brief lightheaded sensation that takes my breath away and then goes away after two seconds. wondering what it is is seriously driving me crazy.
Bookmark and Share