Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: sleep problems/demonic things??  (Read 242 times)

Offline britmansf18

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
sleep problems/demonic things??
« on: April 19, 2014, 11:31:36 PM »
Ok, this may be a post that is all over the place, but I am dying to know if anyone has experienced this. Ive been afraid of the dark for as long as I can remember, but there came a point in time where the "monsters" became demonic things. I don't know if demonic was the word, but very terrifying things that I could never see, but always heard, and they made me feel extremely uncomfortable. I was raped by my dad and the occurrences persisted for 5 years from the age of 5 to the age of 10. My former therapist told me that maybe it has something to do with the trauma that occurred in my life. I also had a nurse tell me that anxiety can manifest itself as a presence that is human-like?? Has anyone ever heard of this before? I hear voices at night when im alone that are indistinguishable and I would be so frightened or "paralyzed" that i couldnt move or scream (and no I am not schizophrenic). It felt like something was laying on top of my chest and it would start by creeping up on me almost like if a cat were to crawl up to you from the side. I could feel the indentations in the blankets. After what seemed forever, but was truly only a few minutes, I was able to get up and run or scream for help. To this day, I cannot sleep in the dark alone and I feel very uneasy. I still sometimes feel things, but they happen on rare occasions. I got this feeling recently one night that something was whispering in my ear , but I got up feeling weak, like something took the life right out of me. My fiance doesn't understand, because he never had that fear and never had any kind of troubling experiences. I would love to listen to anyone who would be willing to share any similar experience with me!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Tiredofbeingexhausted

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: sleep problems/demonic things??
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 12:31:46 AM »
The only thing that has happend all my life is seeing demon shadows or angel silhouettes In the dark. It's crazy but I've learned to get used to it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline tinam7

• Rec's: 76
    • Poke This Member
Re: sleep problems/demonic things??
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2014, 08:32:46 AM »
If the dark is so fearful for you (understandably), you could get some low night lights to help ease it for you.

But, it seems to me, your damaging early experiences need to continue to be addressed probably with a professional, perhaps with support groups. What you experienced is probably about as bad as it gets and needs the best support there is with a knowledgeable therapist. Hope this helps some.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: