Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Member Articles   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Obsessing over diabetes now :/  (Read 123 times)

Offline qxeenb

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Obsessing over diabetes now :/
« on: April 19, 2014, 11:23:52 PM »
Okay so, a month ago for like 2 or 3 nights, when I was really stressing and thought I was gonna die (I'm better now though ^_^) I used to wake up shaking and REALLY cold at the same time which was at 1 in the morning.. It stopped when I started wearing long sleeve and turning the heater on when I went to bed.. The shaking and cold chills never happened to me even when it was cold in the house... I say that I was just cold and it was anxiety/stress. My Mind says it was diabetes.. I googled that night and it said it might be low blood sugar.. Had most of the symptoms ;/.. That never happened again. I pee alot.. But I think it's a uti because sometimes it hurts when I pee.. Everytime I feel thirsty or whatever I go crazy and think I have diabetes.. I've been craving sweet foods and sweet drinks like soda and juice.. And I only lost 2 pounds.. I think that's due to stress.. I go to the doctor in June, but please tell me that what I'm listing isn't diabetes. I'm only 13 and I think that that will get in the way of my dreams.. I want to become a singer as crazy as that sounds..
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 35
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Obsessing over diabetes now :/
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 11:44:22 PM »
Odds are you don't have diabetes.  My friend was diagnosed with juvenile diabetes at age 9 and she was incredibly sick.  There was no doubt that something was really up with her.

If by some amazing coincidence you do have diabetes, it is a very manageable condition.  I have known a fair number of diabetics over the years; all live totally normal lives.  It wouldn't interfere with your being a singer at all.  The actress Mary Tyler Moore is diabetic and she's had a career spanning decades!  And she's still alive and well at a fairly advanced age.

I doubt you have diabetes based on what you're saying you're feeling.  If the chills stopped once you put on the heater, they're based on the temperature.  Craving sweets isn't a diabetes symptom. 

If you think you have a UTI, see a doctor - they can give you antibiotics, and medication to help with the discomfort in the meantime.  Frequent urination is often a symptom of anxiety, too. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline qxeenb

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 11:50:19 PM »
Thanks, that made me feel alot better.. I'm also hungry all the time :/, my mom says it puberty though
Bookmark and Share

Offline Torontoworries

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2014, 11:52:05 PM »
I'm no doctor; this is not medical counsel nor insight;

That being said, I'm fairly certain acquiring diabetes at your age is extremely unlikely, and, as the previous member commented, would be much more obvious if it ever happened. Are you at risk? Does it run in your family? Are you of Asian/Hispanic/Indian/Black heritage? Are you overweight?

Also, please don't be fooled by stereotypes and myths; diabetes is not acquired overnight from a binge on snacks or sweets. As a matter of fact, there is no evidence to suggest that diabetes can even be indirectly caused by consumption or craving sweets.

Also, I've never heard of shivering at night being a symptom of diabetes but that may just be my unique experience.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: