Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Uneven pupils  (Read 238 times)

Offline KirklandHarris

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Uneven pupils
« on: April 19, 2014, 10:05:27 PM »
Can you convince yourself that you have uneven pupils? Every time I look into the mirror I see it. It's always the same eye that's smaller too. To me, it's more noticeable in dim light. However, the kicker is, I'm the only one that ever sees it. I've asked my mom and dad multiple times, and even my school nurse who took a little pen light to see how they contract and dilate. They all said they looked fine. It's worrying me to death. Any thoughts?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lindsay2427

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
Re: Uneven pupils
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 10:40:46 PM »
My left eye pupil is always smaller than my right, or though it seem to be. I was obsessively checking it a couple months ago but another "c" word fear has taken over my brain tumor anxiety. I'm so worried to have an eye check up for contacts because I'm nervous the eye dr will see it and refer me to a neurologist. I couldn't handle that.
Bookmark and Share

Offline KirklandHarris

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 10:49:50 PM »
I'm having such awful brain tumor anxieties too. It all started a couple months ago when I woke up with ringing in my right ear. I worried a little the first week of it but not so much the few weeks after. Funny thing is, I felt just fine until I started worrying about the ringing again. Ever since then I've had flashes of lights in my vision, various types of headaches on different places on my head, pressures in my head, stiff neck, dizziness, uneven pupils, numbness on one side of my face, you name it. I'm hoping that since I've only had these since developing the anxiety that it's related.
Bookmark and Share

Offline KirklandHarris

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2014, 11:16:38 PM »
Also, forgot to mention that I will be looking in the mirror and visibly see a difference when the person I've asked to look says they don't see a difference. Maybe it's all psychological and I'm just wanting to see it, idk.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2014, 08:57:24 AM »
Where are the lights positioned in your bathroom?  The light has to be hitting BOTH eyes EQUALLY.   If you have an overhead light but have a window on one side of the mirror that could affect it.  My CAT has a nasal tumor affecting things up there and there is no QUESTION about his pupils!  One is big and round and the other is HALF the size and triangular in shape!
Bookmark and Share

Offline emily1994

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2014, 11:52:42 AM »
You can certainly over analyze them and convince yourself that one is bigger. A few months ago when I was convinced I had a brain tumor, I noticed that my pupils are almost always different sizes. Of course, it freaked me out!!! However, I could have just noticed it during that time because I was inspecting my eyes non stop.

My mom has uneven pupils sometimes, so I'm thinking I inherited this from her. Mine are more uneven at certain times. I had two MRIs on my brain and went to the eye doctor and neurologist many times... my brain and eyes are fine. Try not to stress about this. If it really bothers you, go to the eye doctor.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: