Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Chronic anxiety  (Read 198 times)

Offline Adelle55

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Chronic anxiety
« on: April 19, 2014, 09:27:17 PM »
I can't take this anymore, I have chronic anxiety with dizziness. I don't live with my husband but he's my trigger he yells at me when I need to talk and my anxiety gets worse. I just want to die!!!!! I have no family or friends I can talk to.  I just can't do this anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!  This isn't life it's slow torture for me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline CarrieAnn

• Rec's: 14
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Chronic anxiety
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 09:45:03 PM »
It's ok, there are many people here who know what you're going through, and how you feel.  I can't really give the greatest advice because I haven't totally conquered my anxiety, but there is help out there, and things can get better so don't give up.

Take care :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline kconnors

• Rec's: 57
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Chronic anxiety
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 10:54:07 PM »
Hi,

It is difficult to handle an abusive husband even if you are not living with him . . . is it possible for you to communicate through an intermediary until such time as he can manage his behaviour? Do you speak to him because you need to speak with him or is it because he needs to speak with you? Personally, I have always used the hang up method. Once someone starts to yell, I will ask them once to stop and if that person does not do so, I simply say that I am hanging up until the other person can control his/her behaviour. I imagine that he yells at you as he knows that triggers your anxiety and this is how he controls you and makes himself feel as if he has power over you . . . if there is no reason to speak to him, then don't or use another method . . . yelling is abusive and controlling behaviour and it is not gendered-based . . . anyone who yells is trying to exert a primal type of control and scare the other person . . . .he knows you do not have family or friends and that is isolating you from support so he uses the yelling tactic . . .

I don't know where you live but if there are community-based resources, check them out including any resources for women leaving an abusive relationship . . . the man does not have to live with you . . .even if you are not living with him, this is an abusive man who cannot control his behaviour so he is better out of your life . . . you may need to be the one to draw the line but you will need support, so really, check out any resources that are near you . . . he wants to isolate you to control you, but you have to be strong and just say NO . . . 

. . . as for not having family and friends, I know we cannot substitute for someone in person, but please know that you can come here anytime and we will do our best . . . take care, kc
Bookmark and Share

Tags: