Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Successful anxiety free day!  (Read 113 times)

Offline Katiesue04

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
  • You only live once!
    • Poke This Member
Successful anxiety free day!
« on: April 19, 2014, 08:45:30 PM »
I had such a tough week at work this week.  A ton of anxiety ended up balling my eyes out and embarrassing myself greatly at work.  Today we were celebrating Easter with my side of the family.  I was a bit anxious to go over there because I do not get along with with my dad.  I told myself if things get bad we can always leave.  All of my sisters have anxiety and so does my dad.  Unfortunately he chose not to treat it ever.  I grew up with a very verbally abusive negative dad and unfortunately he hasn't changed any.  It took my husband a good 2 years to convince me to go on meds and to go see a therapist.  What I am now realizing is our anxiety runs in our family genes.  I wish I knew this as a little kid and I wish my parents were not so bull headed about anxiety.  Anyway so today we went to my parents my dad was freaking out the whole time and super crazy yelling at the stupidest little things.  I was so incredibly calm and collected.  I didn't let any of his words effect me at all today!  It was awesome!  I am so proud of myself.  As my husband goes sometimes you just need to let all the negative things bounce off of you.  I never really got how I could actually get to the point of doing that but today I stepped back at the situation and realized there was nothing to get stressed or freak out about and with a little therapy I am now seeing it is possible!  Yay!  GO ME!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Snowy

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Successful anxiety free day!
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 08:52:20 PM »
That's great, congratulations!  That's a big success because holidays tend to be so stressful.  I'm glad you had a good time. (:
Bookmark and Share

Offline worldbeat99

• Rec's: 11
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Successful anxiety free day!
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2014, 11:34:47 PM »
That's great that remained calm during the family craziness.  Sometimes when I'm going thru a rough time, just one good day makes a big difference.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: