Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: So scared of been alone at night!  (Read 135 times)

Offline Gemmaa0207

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
So scared of been alone at night!
« on: April 19, 2014, 08:19:22 PM »
Hi all I suffer from various types of anxiety I was hoping someone could reassure me and give some advice. I am terrified and enhance terrified of been alone at night. I'm fine in daylight but once it's dark I'm a nervous wreak... I'm 21 and I've always suffered from this I would go sleep at someone else's house to avoid been in this position. To cut a long story short I'm now living in my own house and have a 21 month old and pregnant. My other half as started doing night shifts 8-1am not getting home till 2am and I can't settle! I try keep busy (house is spotless which is a bonus) but I literally will not be able to sleep till he gets home I'm currently in bed listening to any noise and if I hear something I start to panic. We have two dogs which would bark if an intruder came in and we have an enclosed back garden and front so safety is high. I would of thought been a mother if put these fears aside but I simply can't it's embarrassing and frustrating as I'm so tired right now and deep down I know whether I'm asleep or not it wouldn't make any difference! This is only the second shift my partners done so I'm hoping I learn to live with it otherwise my life is gonna be a nightmare! I feel so pathetic having this fear it used to range from fearing paranormal stuff to been robbed/killed. It's usually just to do with intruders I wouldn't know what to do. Everyone as said if a robber intended to steal that's there goal if he felt threatened or the chance of getting caught he would leg it! I just can't help but to think too deeply... I duno whether it's from watching programmes/scary films or what! Please help me xx
Bookmark and Share

Offline Guitarcad1991

• Rec's: 1
  • Hi I'm Chris get to know me
    • Poke This Member
Re: So scared of been alone at night!
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 08:42:21 PM »
My sister has the exact same problem, ever since we were kids. Just keep everything locked. If it's more of a separation anxiety issue, I understand that, I've had that my whole life. I am lonely right now as we speak.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Snowy

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: So scared of been alone at night!
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 08:56:01 PM »
If it would make you feel better, maybe you should look into getting some kind of security system installed.  You don't have to fork out a ton for those.  If you want something cheap, you can pick up a motion detector.  You can put them inside or outside and come with a monitor, like a baby monitor, which will go off quite loudly if something passes in front of it.  We got one of these after someone tried to steal something out of our driveway and it worked fine.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: