Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Buspar  (Read 269 times)

Offline Adelle55

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Buspar
« on: April 19, 2014, 07:45:28 PM »
How many people use Buspar and finds that it works for them? I've had a prescription for a month and haven't taken them yet.
Bookmark and Share

Online insights

• Rec's: 103
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
Re: Buspar
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 07:52:34 PM »
How many people use Buspar and finds that it works for them? I've had a prescription for a month and haven't taken them yet.

Buspar is one of a number of anxiety meds that work extremely well for some and not at all for others. The only way to know is to take it. Unlike antidepressants there are usually few starting side-effects.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline Ryze

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 02:49:51 PM »
I've been taking Buspar for about two weeks now. 7.5mg twice a day. Don't really feel like its doing anything for me. Then again most of my anxiety comes from physical symptoms. Chest pains, headaches, etc and not the other way around.
Bookmark and Share

Online insights

• Rec's: 103
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 06:06:49 PM »
I've been taking Buspar for about two weeks now. 7.5mg twice a day. Don't really feel like its doing anything for me.

That is a small starter dose so you and your doctor should be considering increasing it to 10-15mg x 3 times a day. The maximum daily dose is 60mg and because of the very short 2-3 hour half-life 3x dosing is preferable to taking it twice a day.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline Jlandd

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2014, 09:26:52 PM »
Another thing about Buspar is that, if it clicks, it's subtle, which is not to say it's not worth it for those who it helps.  But it's not really much help by itself for panic attacks or serious anxiety or depression.  It's often used as a second medication, added to an already existing regimen, rather than switching the main medication, when it's felt more help is needed.  It can be of help by itself for less severe issues if one is fortunate enough to be one of those it works for.

But, as insights says, whatever initial side effects there are are usually very mild or none at all.  If a Dr. who you've entrusted with giving you medication advice has prescribed it, you should take it (insert all disclaimers here : )  )   Nearly certainly the worst thing that can happen is that it won't help, but it's always worth a shot if your Dr advises it.  Good luck. : )
Bookmark and Share

Tags: