Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Heart Beating Hard At Bedtime  (Read 219 times)

Offline ncmommyof2

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Heart Beating Hard At Bedtime
« on: April 19, 2014, 05:39:47 PM »
I definitely have heart fears...have for years. I don't know if I'm just hyper sensitive to my heart or what. I feel like I've gotten better with it, but recently I noticed I can feel my pulse in various places in my body. This usually just happens when I'm in bed at night. I will feel it in my fingertips mostly. Then, when I roll over to go to sleep (I sleep on my stomach) it feels like my heart is beating really hard...not fast, just that I can feel it. Anyone else experience this? I don't want to keep Googling because I'm not finding answers I like.

Thanks!!! 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Gemmaa0207

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Heart Beating Hard At Bedtime
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 06:25:39 PM »
Hiya I'm very similar to yourself my whole health anxiety started from having a fast heart rate so any time I focus on my heart I tend to worry! To make you feel better usually you notice more things happening in your body when your mind is relaxed and it's quiet eg in bed... So for you to feel your heart beating whilst your winding down is very normal. I go through phases of randomly checking my pulse which is usually fast but that's only because I expect it to be. Anxiety is a weird thing and causes almost fake symptoms! Put it this way it is always fast if I ever have it checked at hospital but now they aren't concerned cos they know it's anxiety related. ECG is always fine... Try listen to some music or read instead of just going to sleep so you relax. Hope this helps please don't worry you r fine :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline JenBNimble

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 06:25:59 PM »
I definitely notice my heartbeat more at night, I guess just because everything's quieter and you aren't moving around so much. I actually can't sleep on my left side because I notice my heart way more that way and it freaks me out. I think this is one of those totally normal things that those of us with HA are just more aware of.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Snowy

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2014, 07:25:56 PM »
Bedtime seems to be the only time I notice my heartbeat and I don't even have heart fears.  I do seem to feel it beating in odd places, like my stomach or my ear.  You're not alone in that. (:
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2014, 09:20:57 PM »
My internal medicine physician told me that when you are relaxed in the evening,
your heart beat can become more noticeable.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline london23

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2014, 11:52:00 PM »
i also get this when i first lay down to sleep..my heart feels like its beating strongly ..i feel it on my belly alot too..but after an hour or so i dont feel a great deal..i think its the settling down time where ur heart goes from day time rhythm to sleep and relaxation slow rhythm..maybe while its slowing down its causing some sort of anxious reflex? Just a curious idea i had...veryyyy normal though :)..i feel it even worse when my digestion and acid reflux is bad..ill get stomach pulsing through the night while my dinner is digested slowly.
Bookmark and Share
If my advice has helped you then please leave me a rec.

Offline ncmommyof2

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2014, 06:05:48 PM »
Pfew!!! Thanks so much guys for all of your replies. Definitely comforting to know it's normal and likely not something horrible going on with my heart. Happy Easter to you all!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Snowy

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2014, 06:08:13 PM »
Happy Easter to you too!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lara71

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2014, 07:57:28 PM »
Do you have GERD? Sometimes when I overeat or don't wait 2-3 hours to lie down after a meal, I get what feels like heart palpitations. When it first happened I thought it was my heart, had a bunch of tests. It went away when I started taking zantac.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: