Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: My phobia switches every couple of months/years  (Read 174 times)

Offline Guitarcad1991

• Rec's: 1
  • Hi I'm Chris get to know me
    • Poke This Member
My phobia switches every couple of months/years
« on: April 19, 2014, 02:10:56 PM »
I have noticed that since I was about 4 years old, I will go through periods where there will be 1 main problem that I MUST worry about. In just the past 4 years it's been, weight loss, how I sound when I speak, about almost 2 years of hypochondria, then worrying that I'm a pervert, then demons, then the illuminati, and now it's health anxiety again.

If I don't have something to worry about, then I get worried, so I subconsciously find something that I can "fix".

I hate this.
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: My phobia switches every couple of months/years
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 05:54:01 AM »
I always said similar things. That certain fears can vanish and be taken over by new stronger fears. I think you will find that with a lot of people. At times it can work out better for some people. As they can deal with the new fear. It might not be as bad as the old fear. Other times the newer fear may be a lot worse. But it can and does happen.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline madeleine_m

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: My phobia switches every couple of months/years
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 06:19:48 AM »
Hello! I feel you, it's the same with me. I've been fluctuating between fears for the past year - sometimes they vanish and new ones come up, sometimes old ones come back. I'm always happy when an old one is gone/I've managed to fight it off, but sometimes the new one is worse. I guess you have to fight each new fear again - it's really annoying and inconvenient, but well.
Maybe remembering things you're not afraid of anymore can help you face your current fears. If you see them as "steps" you've managed to take, maybe it can help you muster your strength and carry on fighting.
I wish you all the best :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: