Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: ABSOLUTELY TERRFIED over Flex Sig Monday.  (Read 755 times)

Offline snowberry

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: ABSOLUTELY TERRFIED over Flex Sig Monday.
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2014, 06:19:09 PM »
Don't beat yourself up about it. OCD is a biatch, having 'relapses' when you're stressed out is really common. Best to just accept it's there for now and that you'll look into it once you feel able to.
Bookmark and Share

Online Lindsay2427

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2014, 06:37:59 PM »
This was also with me last Easter. Not as bad but totally consumed my day. I first noticed the periodic streaking last February. This had controlled me
Bookmark and Share

Online rileybug

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2014, 08:50:53 PM »
Do you get other symptons-like tingleing,stomach pain,trouble breathing or such?  Just curious since alot of peeps do.  I do get alot of physical symptons,
Bookmark and Share

Online Lindsay2427

Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2014, 10:00:33 PM »
I have anxiety attacks which consist of excessive crying, I shake and I do get mild shortness of breath. I don't really have neurological symptoms. During this week of stress I was getting shooting pains in the side of my head (left side) that would last around 15 seconds. I was getting facial twitches and muscle twitches earlier this year along with the shoot head pains but I think that was anxiety related because I thought I had a brain tumor.
Bookmark and Share

Online Lindsay2427

Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2014, 10:34:52 PM »
So I *think* I might have an anal fissure. I periodically have burning pain after BMs. Tonight had a BM and a couple minutes later I was burning really bad. I then used a baby wipe and had extreme burning. I decided to use my handy mirror and light and saw what looks like a small cut towards the back right in the middle? It was hard I be sure but it was red and irritated. Uh this is driving me crazy.
Bookmark and Share

Online soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2014, 10:45:29 PM »
STOP GOOGLING AND STOP INSPECTING YOUR STOOL AND YOUR RECTUM!!!  Did I say that loud enough???

You are NOT a Dr and you have NO idea what you're looking at!!!

Please, please, please take the Zoloft.  The sooner you start it, the sooner you can stop the obsessive thoughts.
Bookmark and Share

Online rileybug

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2014, 10:55:48 PM »
On monday mention it to the doc and he can check while hes doing the procedure.  Maybe make easter a no googleing day-for your kids.
Bookmark and Share

Online mollyfin

• Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2014, 11:37:24 PM »
If you have cancer or any other health problem beyond the garden variety benign butt problems most of us get at one point or another, I will literally eat my hat.  I don't own a hat, so I will go out, buy a hat,videotape myself eating it and post it on youtube for everyone to see. 

That is how sure I am that there is nothing wrong with you beyond horrible anxiety.

Stop googling.  I don't know what you think it's going to accomplish, but all it's going to do is make you feel worse.  Stop inspecting your asshole and what comes out of it.  Nothing is going to change in the next day or two.  Even if you can't enjoy your weekend, stop actively making it worse for yourself.

Are you taking zoloft?  If you haven't started, start already.  If you have, keep taking it. 

You're going to get through this and then you're going to find a therapist who can help you, as you'll have a clean bill of health and can move ahead with a clear mind. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline snowberry

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2014, 12:05:43 AM »
If you have cancer or any other health problem beyond the garden variety benign butt problems most of us get at one point or another, I will literally eat my hat.  I don't own a hat, so I will go out, buy a hat,videotape myself eating it and post it on youtube for everyone to see. 

That is how sure I am that there is nothing wrong with you beyond horrible anxiety.

Stop googling.  I don't know what you think it's going to accomplish, but all it's going to do is make you feel worse.  Stop inspecting your asshole and what comes out of it.  Nothing is going to change in the next day or two.  Even if you can't enjoy your weekend, stop actively making it worse for yourself.

Are you taking zoloft?  If you haven't started, start already.  If you have, keep taking it. 

You're going to get through this and then you're going to find a therapist who can help you, as you'll have a clean bill of health and can move ahead with a clear mind.

Molly I too will eat a hat on camera.

Lindsay you will be having your test on Monday, so what good is inspecting everything that comes out of you now? Leave yourself alone, accept that whatever happens on Monday happens and you can do nothing more about it.

Honestly, I think it's a real shame that you had to wait a week for this test. It's extremely unfortunate that they couldn't fit you in any earlier and put you out of your misery. But you're not making it easy for yourself by continuing to inspect and speculate. Let it be. Stay off google. Take your zoloft. And chill.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jenniferio

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2014, 12:45:42 AM »
Breathe through your nose - slowly and lightly.  Your breathing controls your anxiety level and I bet you are hyperventilating and it's making your anxiety worse as you are over breathing. 
Yes, I had great big blood streaks on my stool.  Internal hemorrhoids!  Don't breathe through your mouth as we anxious people tend to do - slow and easy through your nose.  It's called Buteyko breathing.  Google it.  It works for asthma and anxiety both!!!!!!!?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jenniferio

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2014, 10:26:01 AM »
http://vimeo.com/52490217
Take a minute and play the above video.  I heard the audio this AM on the radio.  Very very very interesting.  I'm going to order the book and CD for myself as they said its good for every day anxiety, too, not just for pre procedure or pre-surgery anxiety.  VIsualize a good result and you are more likely to get a better outcome.  Tests are proving this to be true.  Good luck.
Bookmark and Share

Online mollyfin

• Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2014, 03:11:43 PM »
I should add - I've had anal fissures before.  Never went to the doctor about them, because I could feel them as they happened.

The toilet bowl looked worse than the worst days of my period sometimes.  Completely full of bright red blood.  It was nightmarish!  Those things can bleed quite a lot. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline snowberry

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2014, 05:58:56 PM »
I don't know if you're coming on here tonight Lindsay, but if you read this then I wish you all the best for tomorrow. You will be fine and I hope you come on here to celebrate your all-clear with us (after you've celebrated with your family, of course).

One thing I will say though - when the doctors tell you that everything is fine, please, please believe them. And don't come home and immediately start googling about flex sigs. Promise yourself the googling stops from now on. Believe what the doctor tells you, and then get that therapy booked and get on with your life. All the best  :happy0151: :action-smiley-065: :yes:
Bookmark and Share

Online Lindsay2427

Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2014, 07:02:11 PM »
I need luck and encouragement to NOT back out tomorrow :/ I already have visions of me arriving and backing out on the table while bawling and confusing my extreme fear if the results. This is so stressful. My husband will be with me thankfully.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ira

• Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2014, 07:09:14 PM »
Im so sorry you're going through this mess.  Fear of the unknown is probably the worst fear out there.  But know that tonight is the last night you have to worry about the unknown and that everyone here is behind you 100%  ;D
Bookmark and Share

Tags: