Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Worried About Autism  (Read 465 times)

Offline Rakono03

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Worried About Autism
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2014, 04:51:11 PM »
I guess maybe he isn't.  He just really likes to...play.  Like use his grabber and see if he can fish a dinosaur off the floor while hanging over his bed.  Or practice drop kicking a ball, or getting out his bat and ball to play baseball.

The things that bothers me is that he doesn't really play with other kids when they're playing with toys.  It's almost like he has to "settle" if you know what I mean.  Like, "fiiiiine, I'll play trains if I have to" if there are no balls or sports equipment or superhero stuff around, or if there isn't anything he can substitute for these things.  Most of his interactions with other kids include chase, playing sports, or climbing on/playing on a climber.

He does have good imaginative play skills.  He can pretend to drive places, plays dress up and role plays fighting the bad guys, pretends to nurse his stuffed animals, puts firefighters in the fire truck and zooms them around, etc. 

I feel like everyone thinks I'm crazy.  Here is what I think is going to happen...he is going to get into 3k or 4k and the teachers are going to bring something up...then everyone will finally believe me.  My life will be *over* at that time....my worst nightmare would have come true.  I don't even know how id function if it came to be that my child was affected by autism.  It scares the life out of me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Rakono03

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Worried About Autism
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2014, 04:52:16 PM »
I guess maybe he isn't.  He just really likes to...play.  Like use his grabber and see if he can fish a dinosaur off the floor while hanging over his bed.  Or practice drop kicking a ball, or getting out his bat and ball to play baseball.

The things that bothers me is that he doesn't really play with other kids when they're playing with toys.  It's almost like he has to "settle" if you know what I mean.  Like, "fiiiiine, I'll play trains if I have to" if there are no balls or sports equipment or superhero stuff around, or if there isn't anything he can substitute for these things.  Most of his interactions with other kids include chase, playing sports, or climbing on/playing on a climber.

He does have good imaginative play skills.  He can pretend to drive places, plays dress up and role plays fighting the bad guys, pretends to nurse his stuffed animals, puts firefighters in the fire truck and zooms them around, etc. 

I feel like everyone thinks I'm crazy.  Here is what I think is going to happen...he is going to get into 3k or 4k and the teachers are going to bring something up...then everyone will finally believe me.  My life will be *over* at that time....my worst nightmare would have come true.  I don't even know how id function if it came to be that my child was affected by autism.  It scares the life out of me.
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything