Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Voice travels-stressing me  (Read 122 times)

Offline JavaJoy01

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Voice travels-stressing me
« on: April 19, 2014, 01:23:25 AM »
Well at work I  learned that my voice travels far even When I think I'm speaking low. Now I'm stressing out and paranoid.  I did some research and learned that some peoples voice travels naturally even if they are talking low.  Others claim they can hear me at the front door which is on the other side if the building and I know I can't be talking that loud, I think the design of the floor makes things travel so unless you whisper it's going to travel.  I thought maybe my hearing was not the best and I can't hear myself as well so I can't judge my tone...I dunno.  All I know is that I'm even more afraid to talk now, as if I was not paranoid already. What do I do?  Should I look into speech therapy???  I'm getting anxiety over this. I have been sicker the. Usual all week and I'm thinking this is a partial cause.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 163
    • Poke This Member
Re: Voice travels-stressing me
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 05:11:27 AM »
I would continue on talking. I know loads of people who talk to you like they are miles away from you. It is just who they are. It is just how they are. No shame in it at all. They simply talk that bit louder than others. We are all different. That's what makes life what it is. If you feel bad about this maybe try and tone down your voice a bit. I mean just a bit. I wouldn't go over the top with it. Change everything about myself. Once you are still getting your work done, I see no problem at all. That is what you are paid to do. Some buildings do carry sounds a lot further. Open plan buildings. Less walls. Just continue to be yourself.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline DeLellis123

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 01:02:30 PM »
Yeah that's common, my father is like that, always has been his voice could like silence a movie theater when he's talking quiet.
Bookmark and Share

Offline JavaJoy01

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2014, 09:47:24 AM »
Now it's my nails hitting the keyboard. My nails have a natural curl and when they hit the keys the right way they click.  Short of chopping them off there is not much I can do even if I used the pad of my finger, the curve causes my nails to hit the keys. Some talk on the phone, others sing and laugh out loud, no complaints. Me Complaints.    Other then me quitting a much needed job I don't know what else to do. Every sound and move I make annoys them. I mean really I once worked around gum snappers, all day they snapped gum and yes it was annoying but complained.  I really like the job but how do I work with people who seem to get annoyed with everything I say and do?--I should not have to paranoid all day. Oh and btw as I type this on my phone, my little nail is clicking. 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: