Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Eye test  (Read 167 times)

Offline Reallyworried93

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Eye test
« on: April 18, 2014, 05:27:25 PM »
Ok, this is going to sound so pathetic!
I have a routing eye test tomorrow and I have insane fears of als and brain tumours!
I am completely convinced that they will spot a brain tumour through the eye test :(
I don't even know what I'm asking to be honest, I guess I need someone to tell me I'm insane!
Anyone else get like this over small tests such as this? X
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jenniferio

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Eye test
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 10:06:56 PM »
Glad to see I'm not the only one!  I've put off routine eye exams for 2 years as I'm so afraid of what he might say.  I really hate the part where he sits on that little stool and peers deep into my eyes  - way into the back of them.
Last time he told me I had incipient cataracts.  Yikes.
I need to go pretty soon, though, as I can see my prescription needs to be "upped."  Let us know how it went and good luck!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 07:19:38 AM »
I got for a routine eye dilating exam once a year due to bad floaters and flashers, and I freak out each time!  I have to take a Xanax before my appointment!  I keep thinking, this time they will find something bad!!  Why are we like this??   GRRR!!!
(my eye appointment is next Saturday and I'm already worrying!)
Bookmark and Share

Offline forever young

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2014, 07:48:49 AM »
I need to have my eyes tested they haven't been for yrs. I have never had my eyes dilated and am afraid too. how long does it take for the dilation to go away ? I need to make an appointment but I still haven't. I know how you all feel.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2014, 08:18:26 AM »
I need to have my eyes tested they haven't been for yrs. I have never had my eyes dilated and am afraid too. how long does it take for the dilation to go away ? I need to make an appointment but I still haven't. I know how you all feel.

It can take from about 2 hours to 6 hours to get back to normal.   You can't read, go on the computer (too blurry), can't watch TV or go on computer (much too BRIGHT!) - SOMETIMES it's not that bad (with blurriness) and other times, forget it!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Reallyworried93

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2014, 11:17:34 AM »
I've just got back, turns out (surprise surprise) I was worrying over nothing, healthy eyes just need low prescription glasses for the computer, I was so nervous before!
Feel so silly now it's over, typical aye xx
Bookmark and Share

Offline kristinsanxiety

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2014, 02:02:45 PM »
My doctor looked behind my eyes with his light and said everything looked good cause I td him I was scared of a tumour - would he really be able to tell that by looking back there with his light or would I actually have to see an optometrist??
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2014, 04:22:27 PM »
My doctor looked behind my eyes with his light and said everything looked good cause I td him I was scared of a tumour - would he really be able to tell that by looking back there with his light or would I actually have to see an optometrist??

They could tell.  My cat has a nasal tumor way up there somewhere and even I can tell.  One of his eyes the pupil is big and round, and the other pupil is HALF the size and triangular in shape!  So tumors up there (or in the eye, brain, nasal cavity) they'd be able to see in a human - or not actually see the tumor but see the "symptom".
Bookmark and Share

Offline kristinsanxiety

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2014, 05:23:31 PM »
Yeah he said there was no swelling or anything! Huzzah!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Reallyworried93

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2014, 11:04:07 AM »
They can tell when they test the pressure behind your eyes, and I think that's why they shine that horrible light in your eye xx
Bookmark and Share

Offline snowberry

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2014, 11:08:30 AM »
I know EXACTLY how you feel, OP. When I got my eyes tested for the first time I was certain they'd find something. In fact, it took over five years for me to get my eyes tested after they started going bad!

I had it all done - it was kind of odd, and there's this part where they puff a bit of air on your eye which was unpleasant, but all I was told was that I was short sighted and that my glasses would be ready within two weeks. Nothing bad, nothing weird, and since then I haven't worried about tumours. I am sure you will be fine. Actually I am way overdue my next eye test...let us know how you get along. :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Reallyworried93

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2014, 03:16:44 PM »
I promise you when you get it out of the way the sense of relief is so worth it! And this comes from a girl who completely believes she will die of a brain tumour, so you can imagine what a mess I was before it!
Plus, among other things, it's important to get them checked to prevent you developing eye related problems such as headaches which you'll only interpret as something worse! ( I know I would) xxxxx
Bookmark and Share

Tags: