Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Odd trigger for adrenalin rush - anxiety?  (Read 1035 times)

Offline Braveheart

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Odd trigger for adrenalin rush - anxiety?
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2014, 06:43:44 PM »
I get these adrenaline rushes. The can be really brutal when you're not in a situation when they are of any help ie running away or fighting. I usually know when I'm about to get one - I would be watching the tele, in complete relaxation mode, when all of a sudden something on my body would twinge. For example: I would get a slight muscle spasm on my chest, I then get a huge dunt of adrenaline in my stomach because I think it's a twinge from my heart, signalling certain death. Some other times I would feel a weird sensation pass through my face up to my head and that what has triggered my full blown panic attacks. I have that well under control now and not had one in ages, maybe twice in the last year. I sometimes feel it coming on, but when I don't react like I used to, it just goes away. The adrenaline is what I seem to get all the time just now, just about every day i get some sort of rush in my stomach. To be honest, I prefer that feeling to the panic attack feeling any day of the week.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Tobias

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2014, 03:33:32 PM »
Hello,

I am finding these comments really interesting as I believe I get adrenaline rushes, but they are in my head - it comes on when I seem to be fairly stressed and feels like the feeling when you get up too quickly off the sofa and come over all funny and light headed with a strange feeling in the head. However I can get this by just standing or sitting. The doctor seems to think it's just a rush of adrenaline which doens't go to my stomach anymore. What do you guys think?

:)

Mine are not like you describe yours.

One thing that just happened was 2 days of "external" stress. Family issues. I don't think I had one of these rushes in those 2 days. Not that I noticed anyway. Family issue settled and then I noticed them again. Can't figure that cause the family issue thing was stress and presumably releasing adrenalin.

Do your rushes ever go away for a few days?

Bookmark and Share

Offline perc19

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2014, 07:29:38 AM »
Hello,

I don't get them all the time, I have been recording when I get them and they have improved from happening 7-8 times a week to now once or twice - so I'm holding onto the thought.

I used to get it in the stomach and would be on the toilet within minutes of something happening or hearing something - that hasn't happened for a long time,

It is a horrible feeling though! A fuzzy wave, feel like I may pass out, my head feels odd and light and feels like sand has been poured inside, very weird and very scary!!!!!!! Just like when you stand up really quickly and your head feels funny - a very similar feeling!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: