Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Certain I have ovarian cancer  (Read 1097 times)

Offline NinjaKitty

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Certain I have ovarian cancer
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2014, 08:26:27 AM »
Hi there, hopefully i can help you out

I was diagnosed with ovarian, cervical and uterine cancer when i was 25 yrs old........... I can defnitly say i didnt experience the symptooms your listing.

I had consistant bleeding on and off for about 6 months with clots that would frighten even the least anxious person, i never had any pain but I did have a constant feeling of something pushing in my womb (these were my cycts) i went for my pap test early and they found abnormal cells in my cervics, further testing showed them to be malignant, i was taken into hospital and tested everywhere had a internal scan and they found masses on my ovaries, my womb and my cevics. After 5 yrs of radiation and chemotherapy im now 16 months in remission and awaiting a radical hysterectomy (i refused one as i wanted another baby), i was told i would never have any more children ( i had a son of 10 nrly 11 at the time) due to all my chemotherapy and radition i would probably be infertile, within 6 weeks of trying to get pregnant i was in fact........PREGNANT!!!!  I gave birth to my 2nd child my beautiful little miracle baby Lucy on 31 July 2012. ow im ready to have it all removed so it doesnt come back to bite me in the ass...........or the womb should i say.

Getting back on track every single symptom our describing my mom had whe she 1st started the change of life...... she felt terrible, sweats, abdominal pain, spotting on and off forthe 1st year or 2 she had the same symptoms of a UTI needing to pee constantly, she also had a really bad change in her natural vaginal fluid it would fluctuate between normal to being just absoloutly yuck, she was the same as you she feared ovarian cancer or prolapse or something terrible, she went to the dr and saw a gynocologist, they tested her pap smear the lot and everything came back normal  apart from the vaginal sisharge which was constably changing due to hormones going nuts, the pain in her tummy was due to the normal fluid we create without a period going back up into her wom and into her tubes, nothing serious .... they put her on different HRT (hormone replacement therapy) and within a month  the pain, the UTI sensation and the abnormal discharge had disappeared.
also polycystic ovary symdrome can still occur in older women during the change its not cancerous its just painful and irritating and the best thing for it is steroid drugs or havin your ovaries removed.

All in all i think your going to be fine and explain what your feeling to your dr and as for a referal to your gynocologist but i think the likelyhood of cancer is slim to none .

I hope this helps

Kitty xx
Bookmark and Share
Currently surfing the anxiety waves!!
Current meds
30mg mirtazapine (remeron) at night
30mg Duloxetine (cymbalta) Evening
20mg temazepam nightly
5mg diazepam 3x's daily
Pregabalin (Lyrica) 150mg 3x's daily

Offline Bellwether

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2014, 07:44:04 PM »
Thanks for all your replies.  And thank you NinjaKitty for all your information.  You have certainly been through a lot.  Did you have health anxiety before cancer or did you develop it as a result?

I guess I will call my GP on Monday since I can't get into my OB GYN until the end of May.  I am so uncomfortable ... Just like before my period, but it never stops since I'm no longer getting periods.  The pain in my abdomen is so intense that it makes me gasp, but just as fast, it's gone.  Today I've had no pain at all.  Tomorrow may be different.  I try to tell myself that if I had a tumor it would hurt all the time, but I'm not sure if that's true.  The constantly sore breasts never go away, and I just keep thinking it's because my ovaries are out of wack and secreting hormones that aren't supposed to be there.

I'm very worried.  What's new ...
Bookmark and Share

Offline 2jrts

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2014, 08:53:05 AM »
Last February (of 2013!) I was 16 months post menopause and woke up feeling as though I was about to get my period at any second. It completely freaked me out and triggered a year long (!!!) obsession with having uterine cancer. I immediately went to my gynecologist, who told me that sometimes our bodies have one last hormonal "hurrah" and that experiencing PMS symptoms was normal, especially close to finishing menopause. He said to come back if it didn't stop or I started bleeding. It did stop after a week or so, and I never got a period. I ended up having an ultrasound a few weeks ago, because I was still so fixated on uterine cancer. As it turns out, my uterine lining is very thin - as it should be in menopause. See what your doctor says, but I think these feelings are probably more common than you realize.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Bellwether

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2014, 10:50:44 AM »
Well, I got a period today ... About 18 month post menopause.  More evidence that something is very wrong.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 57
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2014, 03:15:12 PM »
You may have a fibroid or polyp.  Those are benign, but cause bleeding and discomfort.  Yes, see a doctor, but no need to panic yet.
Bookmark and Share

Offline NinjaKitty

Confused
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2014, 06:10:57 AM »
Thanks for all your replies.  And thank you NinjaKitty for all your information.  You have certainly been through a lot.  Did you have health anxiety before cancer or did you develop it as a result?

oNo i had anxiety and mental health problems long before i had cancer, funnily enough while i had cancer my anxiety was very low and my depression wasnt as bad i think  because i was more fucised on fighting it and knowing what was wrong.

Certainly see you Dr and get a referal to your Obgyn to get checked out, it doe sound like your womb may be giving you issues but its common for pain and other such things during the change. Keep us updated ad let us know how you get on and try not to fear the worst, your body goes mental through the change everything from pains to radical crazy bleeding from down there and all sorts.

Can i ask are you on HRT at all??

Kitty xxx
Bookmark and Share
Current meds
20mg temazepam nightly
5mg diazepam 3x's daily

Offline potternut

• Mood: Scared
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2014, 01:51:50 PM »
Thinking about you, Bell....any updates?   :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Offline NinjaKitty

Confused
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2014, 05:57:27 AM »
Well, I got a period today ... About 18 month post menopause.  More evidence that something is very wrong.

It isn't uncommon for some women to get 1 or 2 periods 1 -3 years after being menopausal.... In fact it really is common, B but you should go your Dr and get checked by your gynocologist for polycyctic ovary syndrome or benign cysts...... It really isn't something to panic over in all honesty, get an appointment with your Dr or even a phone consultation and let him/her know whats happened. I wouldn't be panicking about the dreaded C word you don;t have the symptoms of someone with ovarian cervical or uterean cancer... Trust me i know full well how frightening this can be  having irregular goings on with our lady parts. Call you Dr, try not to panic, and treat it like a normal period, if the bleeding becomes very heavy and full of clots (by clots i mean clotsas almost as big as the palm of your hand or a golf ball) call sooner, but if its light bleeding i wouldnt worry.... my 95 yr old grandmother just had bleeding and pain in her womb a few months ago turned out it was a mild infection in her womb and her falopian tubes they gave her antibiotics and she is fine but she suffered her whole life from polycystic ovaries and endometreosis .......... it definitly got worse when she was post menopausal.

So go call your Dr and let us know how you get on

good luck

Kitty xxx
Bookmark and Share
Current meds
20mg temazepam nightly
5mg diazepam 3x's daily

Offline Snoopy10

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2014, 10:19:43 AM »
Hi Bellwether. My Mom had ovarian cancer. They call it the silent killer because there are very few symptoms.  The biggest symptom my mom had was bloating. Her organs were "weeping" and fluid built up in her abdomen. Her stomach was super bloated, almost looking like a pregnant stomach. She also had a weird taste in her mouth (from the fluids caused by bloating). She was stage 3c at that point. The symptoms you are describing don't sound at all like ovarian cancer. 

The other posters are correct, ovarian cancer is very rare.  And remember even if you did (which you don't) worrying about it doesn't change anything. Can you try a distraction? Are you on medication for your anxiety?
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything