Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Certain I have ovarian cancer  (Read 588 times)

Offline NinjaKitty

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Certain I have ovarian cancer
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2014, 06:10:57 AM »
Thanks for all your replies.  And thank you NinjaKitty for all your information.  You have certainly been through a lot.  Did you have health anxiety before cancer or did you develop it as a result?

oNo i had anxiety and mental health problems long before i had cancer, funnily enough while i had cancer my anxiety was very low and my depression wasnt as bad i think  because i was more fucised on fighting it and knowing what was wrong.

Certainly see you Dr and get a referal to your Obgyn to get checked out, it doe sound like your womb may be giving you issues but its common for pain and other such things during the change. Keep us updated ad let us know how you get on and try not to fear the worst, your body goes mental through the change everything from pains to radical crazy bleeding from down there and all sorts.

Can i ask are you on HRT at all??

Kitty xxx
Bookmark and Share
Currently surfing the anxiety waves!!
Current Meds
5mg diazepam 3xdaily
45mg mirtazapine at night
10mg Nitrazepam nightly
sumatriptan (doses vary)
Naproxen 300mg 3 x daily
Buscopan 20mg 4x daily
Lanzoprozol 30mg daily
Trazadone (dose varies)

Offline potternut

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2014, 01:51:50 PM »
Thinking about you, Bell....any updates?   :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Offline NinjaKitty

• Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2014, 05:57:27 AM »
Well, I got a period today ... About 18 month post menopause.  More evidence that something is very wrong.

It isn't uncommon for some women to get 1 or 2 periods 1 -3 years after being menopausal.... In fact it really is common, B but you should go your Dr and get checked by your gynocologist for polycyctic ovary syndrome or benign cysts...... It really isn't something to panic over in all honesty, get an appointment with your Dr or even a phone consultation and let him/her know whats happened. I wouldn't be panicking about the dreaded C word you don;t have the symptoms of someone with ovarian cervical or uterean cancer... Trust me i know full well how frightening this can be  having irregular goings on with our lady parts. Call you Dr, try not to panic, and treat it like a normal period, if the bleeding becomes very heavy and full of clots (by clots i mean clotsas almost as big as the palm of your hand or a golf ball) call sooner, but if its light bleeding i wouldnt worry.... my 95 yr old grandmother just had bleeding and pain in her womb a few months ago turned out it was a mild infection in her womb and her falopian tubes they gave her antibiotics and she is fine but she suffered her whole life from polycystic ovaries and endometreosis .......... it definitly got worse when she was post menopausal.

So go call your Dr and let us know how you get on

good luck

Kitty xxx
Bookmark and Share
Currently surfing the anxiety waves!!
Current Meds
5mg diazepam 3xdaily
45mg mirtazapine at night
10mg Nitrazepam nightly
sumatriptan (doses vary)
Naproxen 300mg 3 x daily
Buscopan 20mg 4x daily
Lanzoprozol 30mg daily
Trazadone (dose varies)

Offline Snoopy10

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2014, 10:19:43 AM »
Hi Bellwether. My Mom had ovarian cancer. They call it the silent killer because there are very few symptoms.  The biggest symptom my mom had was bloating. Her organs were "weeping" and fluid built up in her abdomen. Her stomach was super bloated, almost looking like a pregnant stomach. She also had a weird taste in her mouth (from the fluids caused by bloating). She was stage 3c at that point. The symptoms you are describing don't sound at all like ovarian cancer. 

The other posters are correct, ovarian cancer is very rare.  And remember even if you did (which you don't) worrying about it doesn't change anything. Can you try a distraction? Are you on medication for your anxiety?
Bookmark and Share

Tags: