Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Intrusive thoughts- i don't know what to do anymore  (Read 315 times)

Offline 0oBrendao0

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Intrusive thoughts- i don't know what to do anymore
« on: April 18, 2014, 01:35:44 PM »
I've been suffering from intrusive thoughts for the past 4 months about my worst fear, the devil (i'm even scared to just type it down)
Soon after it turned into obbsessive thoughts that were horrible, the worst anyone can think of like being possessed or being controlled or involved in a sexual matter and everyday I would just break down crying that God would never forgive me for having these thoughts because I hated them and wish they never happened.
Then it went from "sacrifice to (that word)" and the worst one now "selling my soul" Now I'm just worried that I did do it just by thinking it yet when the thought triggered; "selling my soul to (that word)" I'd try stop and fight it to not even finishing the thought. I just need someone, anyone to tell me that I never sold anything from me and that I'll be with God because I'm afraid that I'm going to hell and that God would never forgive me :'(
Please help me I don't know what to do
Bookmark and Share

Offline Walnut

• Rec's: 3
    • Poke This Member
Re: Intrusive thoughts- i don't know what to do anymore
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 11:45:42 PM »
Brenda, take comfort in knowing that you cannot sell your soul to the devil.  I dont think we are suppose to discuss religion on here but I will risk getting into trouble for you since I can sense your distress. In the Bible there is only 1 unpardonable sin.  Selling your soul to the D is not is assuming one could sell their sell to the D. Jesus blood atones for sin. He offers forgiveness. So even if you really did try and sell your soul you could be forgiven and any deal made would be void.
You are dealing with intrusive thoughts, obsessions basically OCD. When it comes to obsessive thoughts about religion it is called scrupulosity.
The fear of being possessed or controlled is rooted in the fear of losing control which is part of anxiety.
You said that "I would break down crying that GOD would never forgive me for having these thoughts." That is contrary to Gods word as stated below:
1 John 1:9 - If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
Romans 3:23 - For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
Ephesians 2:8-9 - For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God:
This list could literally go on and on.
Also you said, "because I hated them and wish they never happened" I believe you are talking about the intrusive thoughts. This is why they are intrusive thoughts, because these thoughts disgust you. The very thought popping into your head shocks you and brings a feeling of dread. Its something you would never do. That is what intrusive thoughts are. They are  thoughts that are totally opposite of our real character, thoughts that are against our core beliefs.  The fact that the thoughts sicken you is proof that they are intrusive thoughts.
The important thing to remember here is thoughts are NOT actions. A thought in it self can do NOTHING! It cannot make you perform and action. It can do nothing. Its just a thought. It is your reaction to the thought that is feeding the thought and causing it to return.

You also said, "id try stop and fight it to not even finish the thought" I can tell you from experience this will not work. Trying to suppress the thoughts will only give more strength to them. It is the same as trying to avoid a fear. You have to face a fear to beat a fear. You have to let the thought play through. Its your reaction to the thought that you must change. Let the thought play through and practice not fighting it or reacting to it in fear. God knows that these arent your thoughts. He will not judge you for intrusive thoughts. Then tell yourself "Thats a ridiculous thought! I would never do such a thing." or "Its not me its my OCD"
i HIGHLY recommend you read a book called Overcoming Obsessive  Thoughts. I forget the author. It is exactly what you need to help you understand whats going on in your mind and how to overcome it. It deals with all forms of OCD including intrusive thoughts and scrupulosity.

Also, go easy on yourself with religion. I was raised in pentecostal churches and when I went to church I beat myself up and made myself miserable trying to be perfect in my search for holiness. The truth is Jesus is just to forgive us. 1 John 1:8-10 - If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
Biblically speaking, we are sinners period. We are only saved by HIs grace. I do not believe we can be perfect. We can abstain from sinful things. We can do our best to live a christian life but we are born into sin and it is our nature. I know, theres the whole putting off the old man and putting on the new thats in the Bible and thats true. Its just you cant punish yourself for every little thought, every little word. You just do your best and know that you arent perfect you are made perfect through Jesus.
You are going to be just fine. I am sorry you are having such a hard time and I hope I was able to help in some way. Feel free to message me anytime if you need to talk.
Bookmark and Share
I am horrible about forgetting which threads I have replied to. If you dont get a reply back from me feel free to message me.

My screen name used to be "Nutty" Ive been a member since 2008. I forgot what email I used back then so I cant login to my old name.

Offline ChocDanBar

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Intrusive thoughts- i don't know what to do anymore
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2014, 07:52:25 AM »
Hi,

I suffered from intrusive thoughts for almost 2.5 years. I desperately wanted them to not arise, but was unable to stop them. I suffered a lot, as a consequence of the arising of these thoughts.

They only reduced 3 weeks ago, after I did some research on OCD treatments and found reference to clinical trials which found Inositol to be an effective cure. I decided to order some and try it to see if it would be effective at reducing my OCD symptoms.

Within 24 hours of taking it, my OCD symptoms had become greatly reduced:

- Greatly reduced frequency of OCD symptoms: intrusive thoughts occurred less often.  Whereas before they were almost constant, now they are only occasional.

- Greater ease of letting intrusive thoughts go without guilt/anxiety/depression, or fighting, or resisting them: they arise occasionally, disappear, and I just get on with what I am doing.

I have been taking Inositol for about 3 weeks now, and remain greatly improved.

I think, based only on my own experience of the dramatic reduction of symptoms in a very short time after the introduction of a chemical, that chemistry plays a very significant role in what we think and feel. Finding the right over-the-counter medication has been proven in clinical trials and in my own personal experience to be effective in reducing OCD symptoms.

I was fortunate that I found a solution so quickly and the first medication I tried actually worked for me. If you like, I could research other possible over-the-counter treatments for you as well, so you could have a range of possible options to consider?

I hope this may be helpful for you.

Best wishes,
CDB
Bookmark and Share