Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Feel like I'm dying constantly  (Read 376 times)

Offline DeLellis123

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Feel like I'm dying constantly
« on: April 18, 2014, 01:32:29 PM »
Does anyone else feel like there just gonna like die or blackout when they get panicky? I did good the other day, I drove around out of my comfort zone and exposed myself and felt shaken up but good afterwards. But now it's just like in an awful stage. I keep feeling derealization when I'm out and it's like my brain can't tell if it's that or I'm about to black out or just die.
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiousgrl

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Feel like I'm dying constantly
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 01:45:18 PM »
I feel like I'm going to blackout too. Even if I don't have a full panic attack but get panicky and feel shaky and dizzy, I have intense derealization for days after and feel like I'm going crazy. It's awful.
Bookmark and Share

Offline DeLellis123

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 01:54:26 PM »
I hate it, I hate who I've become, I've lost so much weight, all my muscle mass is gone, I feel like a child. I can't eat, I can't get like a decent nights sleep. I can't go into anywhere without wanting to run the f out the door immidiately.
Bookmark and Share

Offline DeLellis123

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2014, 01:55:30 PM »
I hate it, I hate who I've become, I've lost so much weight, all my muscle mass is gone, I feel like a child. I can't eat, I can't get like a decent nights sleep. I can't go into anywhere without wanting to run the f out the door immidiately.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 16
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2014, 09:14:42 PM »
That's one of the more common symptoms of panic attacks. An overwhelming fear that you are going to die from a vague problem. Ive been in chains of them for the last couple days. What sucks is its so scary that you can't stop thinking about it, because it starts creating physical symptoms that scare you. But the only way to stop it is to not think about it!

...or you could try what I do. I terrify myself on purpose, in controlled ways. this gives the fear an outlet. I like to read and listen to creepy stories. A fitting one is this: http://youtu.be/FztuiSqZPMg "The Gristers."

It works really well for me just to be able to let the feelings run their course. And since you're already really scared... couldn't hurt to try.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Aaron Davis

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2014, 10:01:17 PM »
I know exactly what your talking about. Everyone seems to have good advice. I think one of the most comforting realizations here is...now we KNOW that we are not alone in feeling this way. Others experience it too.
You will be OK!
Check this out...look at the empirical evidence - you've felt these feelings before, or feelings similar, maybe even much worse at times. They are very uncomfortable, but what's the one thing that they have in common? You always feel better later...the panic always ends. You have to go off the evidence (the scientific method)...when the results have always turned out the same, it is quite obvious that the results will ALWAYS turn out the same.
Now, you could say, "Well, what if THIS time it is different? What if  I'm really in trouble?" Just think...what's the absolute worst that could happen? If you did have a medical issue, there IS help. Always rest assured that you will be helped...And, just know, the human body is an amazing, amazing thing - just think of how it heals itself after a cut or a burn. Don't become over-attuned to physical sensations. You can over-think things and obsess.
Just take a walk and talk some sense into yourself. Or pray - that can be helpful.  Or write it out (or type it out) - how you are feeling. I hope this helped. Hope you feel relaxed and happy soon.
Bookmark and Share

Offline MommyLondon

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2014, 04:17:36 PM »

I had the exact same thing happen to me DeLellis...I lost over 30 lbs in less then 4 months time when my anxiety got really bad about 5 yrs ago...I couldnt eat for what felt like months....The Dr. finally told me that if I didnt start getting some nutrition in me somehow that my symptoms were only going to get worse just from lack of nutrition....He told me if I could not eat my calories then to drink them....So thats what I started doing...I started making different kinds of shake combinations...and slowly worked my way back up to eating very small meals with a shake...then slowly larger meals...I still to this day drink 2 of my shakes a day containing of 1 ensure, 2 scoops chocolate ice cream, and 1/2 cup milk and some ice because I like to crunch on ice a little...but I am back to eating normal meals and food these days and have gained all of my weight back and a little extra  :bigsmile:

Take care

LeAnne  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Suz66

• Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2014, 02:37:40 AM »
I know exactly how you're feeling. I've had panic attacks and anxiety for over ten years, and if I have a particularly intense panic attack, or if I start worrying and freaking out while I'm having a panic attack it gets worse and lasts longer. I've felt that I'm gonna pass out before, too, but it's never happened, in all the ten years I've experienced this lovely thing we call anxiety. The best thing that has helped me with my anxiety in general is cognitive behavioral therapy. The best thing that helps me during an anxiety attack is to acknowledge the feelings I'm having and let them wash over me and remain as calm as possible, telling myself that I'm having a panic attack, and to just allow my body to experience the sensations. If I just let it happen and don't freak out or fight it off, even though it's very unpleasant, the length and severity of the panic attack is diminished and shortened. The more you try to fight it or the more scared you get during the attack, the more intense and the longer the attack will be, at least in my experience.

I've also found that if I'm not taking care of myself by not eating right, not getting enough sleep, not exercising, my anxiety is much worse. If you can find doing something you really enjoy, spend more time doing whatever that is...it truly helps.

This acronym is the best thing I ever learned in cognitive behavioral therapy:

GRAPES:
G stands for be Gentle With Yourself. You're doing the best you can with the hand you've been dealt. Eliminate the negative self talk, and don't beat yourself up.
R stands for Relaxation. Practice meditation, guided meditation, or mindfulness. This helps bring you back to center and gets your mind off your anxiety and your symptoms.
A stands for Accomplishment. Do something every day that you consider an accomplishment, even if that's only to get up and take a shower and brush your teeth if it's a bad day.
P stands for Pleasure. Do something you really enjoy..reading, listening to your favorite book, spending time in nature, watching a movie, or doing whatever it is you love.
E stands for exercise. Do something every day for at least 30 minutes. Even if that's taking a brisk walk around your neighborhood or a nearby park.
S stands for Socialize. Try to get with a friend or get out and do something where you're around people so you don't isolate yourself. Isolation can make things worse.

Do you GRAPES weekly! It's an integral part of our mental health and is a loving thing to do to take care of yourself.

I hope you feel better soon. Hang in there!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: