Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Brain CT is Finished!  (Read 249 times)

Offline fhestia

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Brain CT is Finished!
« on: April 18, 2014, 12:29:59 PM »
I was in and out in under 10 minutes.  Didn't need contrast, didn't even need to change into a hospital gown. The tech laid me down on the little table, then he walked behind the scanner and I felt this enormous pressure on either side of my head. 

"Wow," I said. "Those clamps you're using on my head are really tight." 

"Those are my hands," he said.  When he went back to the control room I could hear him giggling with the other tech about it.

One scan through the big donut and they told me I could go and that my doctor would have results in about a week.  So now it's just a waiting game but I'm certain if they had seen anything concerning they wouldn't have let me walk out so quickly.  I am cautiously optimistic but will be a little nervous every time the phone rings today. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 35
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Brain CT is Finished!
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 05:06:14 PM »
 :laugh3:

Glad all went smoothly!  And you're correct, if they'd seen something like a tumor there would have been further testing immediately.
Bookmark and Share

Offline stucharl2

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 05:17:48 PM »
I had mine done Tuesday and am really worried. Haven't heard nothing yet.
Bookmark and Share

Offline fhestia

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2014, 06:11:06 PM »
They let you go home straightaway, too, didn't they?  I had to fast for three hours before my appointment even though it was a non-contrast scan.  When I grumbled about being hungry, the tech told me that they like to have their head CT patients ready for contrast in case something comes up and they need to run additional images.  When I skedaddled out of there without needing contrast, I figured the initial scans must have looked fairly normal.  Of course, a radiologist will need to interpret them but I'm still cautiously optimistic and honestly, you should be too if you got to leave quickly and still haven't heard back.  We'll just hang in there until we know for sure.
Bookmark and Share

Offline ShawnW

• Rec's: 17
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2014, 06:20:58 PM »
Not hearing anything is usually a good sign.  If there is a bleed, they won't let you leave.  If there is something major but not an emergency, they will usually walk it over to a radiologist and get a read...the radiologist will often call the doc and let him know.  So, if a working day has passed since you have had the CT and haven't gotten a call that is usually a good sign at least for the major stuff.
Bookmark and Share
My insight, thoughts, experiences or advice that may be posted in this forum are not meant as a substitution for the advice of your physician.

Offline stucharl2

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2014, 05:44:37 AM »
Well the radiotherapist said as soon as it finished to wait in the waiting room while they check. Then she cane out and said you can go and your doctor will have the results in 2 weeks, but surely if there is something they would nt hang around but, I dint know and that's what worrie s me, does time actt make a difference?. I'm still getting this odd feeling in my head, I'm pretty worried and can't move on in life not knowing. What was your problem?
Bookmark and Share

Offline fhestia

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2014, 04:14:22 PM »
What was your problem?

Well, that's just it. I have no idea yet. My doctor should have the results of the scans next week and then I'll know.  And yes, I am worrying and my mind keeps circling over all the possibilities, but I also realize worry won't change the outcome, whatever it is.  I just have to hang on and try not to get ahead of myself.  Hopefully it will be great news.  If it isn't, then I can deal with it when I find out.  We'll both be okay!
Bookmark and Share

Offline DeLellis123

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2014, 04:42:29 PM »
Why did you get the ct ? Just curious
Bookmark and Share

Offline fhestia

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2014, 05:03:45 PM »
Why did you get the ct ? Just curious

Oh my gosh, I wrote a long-winded response because I misread your question as "where" instead of "why."   :laugh3:  I developed numbness along the right side of my body a few weeks ago, very suddenly, affecting the shoulder, arm, trunk and leg.  When it didn't improve in a few days, I made an appointment with my GP.  Blood tests all returned normal, so he ordered a CT scan to rule out any other causes.  I'm waiting to find out and trying not to worry too much.  The numbness hasn't improved but it hasn't worsened so it's a waiting game at this point.
Bookmark and Share

Offline stucharl2

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2014, 05:24:55 PM »
I haven't been feeling well for 7-8 months had 2 blood tests 5 eye rests ice had antibiotics for a sinus infection as I was feeling slightly wobbly and a strange pressure in my head. I was told it was anxiety, but I just don't see how anxiety does it. Worst of all I'm only 21 and I'm scared. The Dr said if your still worrying then il order a ct scan so I took it because year head feelings in one spot are odd and are affecting me so much. ??
Bookmark and Share

Tags: