Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Do not snort the matrix.  (Read 82 times)

Offline thenomnomnomicon

• Rec's: 9
    • Poke This Member
Do not snort the matrix.
« on: April 18, 2014, 07:11:33 AM »
Hi, my name's Logan. I'm 22. I've been an alcoholic for roughly a decade. And by alcoholic I mean hypochondriac (probably, I'm still compelled to say I'm not although I have episodes in which I clearly am). I do not know why I am the way I am. I could speculate that it was due to my father being a giant meanie-head. By meanie-head I mean, without going into detail, abusive and completely psychopathic. But, again, this is speculation and an easily identifiable catalyst is not present. I made this account because I have been to 8 ERs and a GP and will soon be seeing a neurologist because, like my father before me, I am also insane. I'm going through what appears to be a very common period of paranoia surrounding a certain fatal, progressive, neurological disease whose name I cannot type because that's how you summon Beetlejuice. And genies. And Satan. Here's a hint, my symptoms started with paresthesia and muscular twitching. The paresthesia, interestingly, was very painful. The twitching is a nuisance. Nuisances are terrifying. I thought I had a level of command over my anxiety until the past 3 weeks. Maybe I don't. I don't. Did I mention how terrifying nuisances are? Terrifying. About 2 or 3 months ago I made the mistake of taking too much vyvanse and caffeine pills. Don't do that. That is a bad idea. I have always had anxiety, but that was some next-level stuff. I think that experience paved a path for anxiety that had been latent for years. I'll also include that I am not normally a person who abuses drugs. Actually, that one time was accidental. Because I cannot read milligrams clearly printed on labels (yes I can, but I didn't). This kinda derailed. Hi. I'm Logan. Do you guys know how many wheels the average car has?
Bookmark and Share
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh

Offline BuzzBee1

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 9
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Do not snort the matrix.
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 08:26:54 AM »
Hi thenomnomnomican

Welcome to the forum.  You are now a member of our community, where you will find support and advice from other members in similar situations.   It's always nice to find someone else who understands, and to know you're not alone.

We have sections in the forum that address specific concerns, so feel free to post or start a new topic in the section that best fits your situation.  Feel free to explore the rest of the forum.  You may find the other topics helpful, and you may be able to offer advice or support to someone else.

We also have a chat room for members over the age of 18.  Once you have made three meaningful posts, you will be allowed access to the chat room.

Nom, I have to say that your post was very entertaining!  I am so sorry for your struggles, but if you aren't a writer, you should seriously consider that profession.  You know what they say about people who are crazy never think that they are, so I believe you to be quite sane.

Good luck to you, and again, welcome to AZ!  By the way, my car has five wheels (one in the trunk).

Buzzy
Bookmark and Share

Tags: