Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Drinking problems  (Read 110 times)

Offline adalie56

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Drinking problems
« on: April 18, 2014, 01:25:56 AM »
I have been coping with anxiety/depression with drinking for the past month.  I have been trying to battle this with prayer.  My wife thinks that I have been overcoming but she has not been aware of my drinking...until today.  She caught me buying liquor while purchasing gas.  Marriage is on the rocks.  Carrer is on the rocks.  I feel so defeated.  Loosing hold quickly.  Any help or advice would be appreciated.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: Drinking problems
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 05:39:06 AM »
Well fact of the matter is you need help. Mainly for the drinking. I think you know that. Nobody can force you into getting that help. You need to want it for yourself. I am sure you would like to save your marriage. Your job too. We all know there is help out there. Thousands of people get help for the same thing every day of the week. Just a case of finding somewhere in your local area. Reaching out to them. First step is to admit you have a problem with drink. Which you have done here. There is no shame in reaching out to others for help. People like yourself. That is why such places exist. Once your wife sees you are getting help and you mean what you are doing that should change her view on things. For now she doesn't see you getting that help. Wanting that help at all. This is what is probably annoying her. Only you can make it right. If you really want to.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline adalie56

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Drinking problems
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 02:00:56 AM »
Thanks for the reply!  You are accurate in me needing to want it for myself.  This has been an ongoing battle for me.  I keep telling myself I can quit on my own, but eventually I go back to drinking as a way of coping:(  Using drinking as a way of coping with a job I have made mistakes in.  I suffer severe anxiety at work which affects my performance.  I need to kick this thing!!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: