Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Intrusive thoughts- i don't know what to do anymore  (Read 230 times)

Offline 0oBrendao0

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Intrusive thoughts- i don't know what to do anymore
« on: April 17, 2014, 09:30:48 PM »
I've been suffering from intrusive thoughts for the past 4 months about my worst fear, the devil (i'm even scared to just type it down)
Soon after it turned into obbsessive thoughts that were horrible, the worst anyone can think of like being possessed or being controlled or involved in a sexual matter and everyday I would just break down crying that God would never forgive me for having these thoughts because I hated them and wish they never happened.
Then it went from "sacrifice to (that word)" and the worst one now "selling my soul" Now I'm just worried that I did do it just by thinking it yet when the thought triggered; "selling my soul to (that word)" I'd try stop and fight it to not even finishing the thought. I just need someone, anyone to tell me that I never sold anything from me and that I'll be with God because I'm afraid that I'm going to hell and that God would never forgive me :'(
Please help me I don't know what to do
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: Intrusive thoughts- i don't know what to do anymore
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 05:29:03 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline muggel123

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 05:27:37 PM »
Hi Brenda
this is my first post. I should introduce myself first because i am new too. But i felt drawn to answer to your post.

You know i think the (x - not naming it) is sometimes the things that we do not want to face about ourselves honey.
It`s all we do not like about ourselves or thing others won`t like it. Fact is, others are normally not as bothered by
the stuff that we find bothering about ourselves. But if we do not believe this, all of our negative thoughts about ourselves
accumulate and become this big black worrying mass... give it any name...

I am sure you did not sell your soul to anyone.
And I am sure God loves you just the way you are and would love to help you now. He is surely talking to you but
in your fear you can`t hear him.
There are only two forces: love and fear. All negative comes from fear.
God will not condem you for having "thought" honey. He gave us thoughts so that we can live out all we wish. Nobody
can read your thoughts. They are safe with you and meant to be safe with you. If you feel you sold you soul to anyone,
and that just a thought can make this happen  - that means, your thoughts are powerful enough to make it unhappen.
God made us very powerful honey. And he gave us angels too to help us from situations like these.
I would like to recommend the books by Doreen Virtue to you. She is a very spiritual and lovabel person. She does
exercises where we can ask the angels for help and how to help clear our mind and surrounding by negative energies.

For now ask the angels to help you see that your soul is in a safe place. Nothing bad has happened honey.
God loves you and holds you - even now.

I am sure.

lots of love and a bear hug xxx
Bookmark and Share

Offline Aaron Davis

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2014, 09:37:27 PM »
Brenda,
I, also, felt the need to interject here because, strangely enough...I had  the same sort of feelings when I was younger. My father is a minister, so I grew up in the church. I always had certain degrees of obsessions and worries (even as a little kid).
I remember  going through a phase (one particular day and evening stands out to me). I had these same sort of intrusive thoughts that you mentioned. I thought that if I merely thought this in my head: "I give my soul to Satan"...then it would happen. So, you know what I did? I stayed up and compulsively and forcefully thought: "I will never give my soul to Satan!" All night long.
The point is...these fears are completely irrational. Just because you think something...certainly does not make it true. Thoughts fire off in our brains so fast, and most of them are not a good indicator of how and what we really are. What I found that helped was to purposefully think certain thoughts in my head and theen let them go.
I see that you're a religious person. This requires faith...
So, have faith that your soul transcends everything "human" about you, such as your thoughts.
And then, tell yoourself GOOD thoughts like, "Ah, I'm not going to worry about that because it's irrational."
And here's another thought...
The Lord already has your soul...it was never yours to give.

I hope this makes you feel better. Don't worry!
-Aaron
Bookmark and Share

Offline jmacd82

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2014, 11:32:43 AM »
I understand completely how you feel about these intrusive thoughts.  My thoughts are not about the same as yours, but like you they are constantly in my head and no matter what I do I can't stop myself from thinking it and its starting to really effect me around my own son.  Im getting myself in to a state that i might do something bad or wrong and he'll be taken away.  Ive convinced myself that im a bad person and now i have all sorts of irrational thoughts flying into my head and the more I try to stop the more they come in.

I hope we can help each other
Bookmark and Share

Offline Curiouslywondering

• Rec's: 1
  • We dance in the rain..I love that you're crazy too
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2014, 01:17:15 PM »
Hi,
I can honestly I have been there before. It's a hard road,The thing that I've come to realize is that like previous posts, WE ARE NOT OUR THOUGHTS. You don't need to worry, this is a disorder that causes your worst fears to be magnified. Think about it, if that was not a fear of good would it bother you so much? No it wouldn't, it'd just be a passing thought. So as a Christian myself I can tell you that it hurts when you feel like you're somehow betraying God, but just know that he LOVES you, you, with your fears, with your insecurities, with your troubling thoughts!!. He created you , knows you inside  and out. He knows, just pray and tell him to aid you, to ease your fears, to calm your troubled mind. He says in his word "come into me all ye that  labour and are heavy laden and I will give you rest" matt 11:28... take comfort in that :-) You cannot sell what was never yours ..
Bookmark and Share
Live life way above the stars because you can't get much closer to God than where you are...

Offline 0oBrendao0

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2014, 07:01:24 PM »
you guys have no idea how relieved and thankful i am. i teared up a little bit because I didn't think anyone else went through the same thing i did, this has been really helpful and i'll definitively check out the books. thank you so much!!
 jmacd82- i'll be glad to help as much as i can :) take it from these posts that the thoughts are not actions; you're not a bad person and you'll raise a wonderful son i'm sure of it
Bookmark and Share