Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Anxious about not feeling anxious...  (Read 107 times)

Offline Venomsoar

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Anxious about not feeling anxious...
« on: April 17, 2014, 09:02:43 PM »
I have had recurring sore throats and currently experiencing my fourth one this year (mostly mild ones) - and now I am developing a hoarse voice. Usually I would be worrying about this - but I am not. And for some reason, not worrying about it makes me anxious.

I have convinced myself that the reason that I am having the recurring sore throats is because of a mixture of both my anxiety lowering the strength of my immune system, and my Niece as well as my Dad, both have been getting a lot of infections of the upper respiratory tract. But I am feeling anxious about whether this is the right thing… "what if I am wrong and this is serious" is a common thought I am having.

I wanted to post this thread to hear from another point of view… do you think I am on the right track or should I seek professional advice from a doctor?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Snowy

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anxious about not feeling anxious...
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 09:23:34 PM »
I'm voting anxiety from my own experience.  I haven't been sick for many years, and then when my anxiety topped out at the start of the year, the first thing I got was a sore throat.  It was a sinus issue because I had the headaches and all with it.  If you've had it before and it went away fine, I wouldn't worry but that's just me.  Hope you feel better soon. (:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: