Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Brain worries...Again :/  (Read 202 times)

Offline Vengence

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Brain worries...Again :/
« on: April 17, 2014, 06:39:47 PM »
I've had this fear of a brain tumor for a couple weeks that i just cant shake. today i slept for 8hrs...(well i woke up at 4am, couldnt go to sleep for about 20mins then woke back up at 6am) and today i've been sooo tired since around 2pm,  i also have horrible memory, troubles spelling certain things, like long/unusual names or words. slurry words when i talk ( i will be honest i only notice the slurring if i pay attention before i start talking) i've been doing alright but i will admit  i do have anxiety almost everyday for about 1hr but i'm learning to deal with it and not letting it control me. i'm also not eating as much as i used to but i will admit it scares to think that these days i cant even stay up past 11pm even if i do nothing whole day and i'm only 19...i'm trying to convince myself its just anxiety but part of you still wonders "what if". i got really worried about this when i shown a light in my eyes and saw my pupils "bouncing", i read that they are supposed to go and stay small and the "bouncing" was a sign that something is wrong, i made a post about it but was told it is perfectly normal for people of my age, part of me still doubts it though with everything thats going on. So are these normal anxiety symptoms or something more serious?

almost forgot, i had a Complete blood count & a comprehensive metabolic panel about two months ago, 1 or both (cant remember) checks for cancer/tumors as well and everything came back normal except for iron deficiency anemia ( which i am talking supplements for)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Vengence

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Brain worries...Again :/
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 06:46:58 PM »
i know what i wrote might sound stupid but i'm losing my mind over this, any replys/help would help allot
Bookmark and Share

Offline Gemmaa0207

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 07:14:33 PM »
I think you answered yourself of what you want to hear! The fact your bloods were fine is brilliant if something that sinister was wrong the doctors would pick it up and investigate. You just need to believe in yourself that this is my anxiety and rationalise your thoughts. (I know easier said than done right?!) I've had brain tumour worries in the past due to almost identical symptoms you listed, over sleeping, fatigue, loss of appetite etc I also couldn't concentrate and felt dizzy and mixed up my words at times. This was all me paying attention to every little bodily symptom and linking it to brain tumour... Eventually I got into my head seriously how likely is it that? And my symptoms went. Try motivating yourself and do domething to take your mind off it I'm certain u will feel better. And remember don't google! It doesn't help at all if anything it makes things worse. Just to add hope this might make u feel better brain tumours aren't always these symptoms or even headaches the most common red alert is seizures and passing out etc so unless you are having those I wouldn't worry. Hope you feel better soon it's hard but u will get there I'm a different person to how I was 12 months ago x
Bookmark and Share

Offline Dayvid

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2014, 09:48:18 PM »
Welcome to the world of anxiety. Not that you need a welcoming, i'm sure you're well equipped.

We notice slurring, tiredness, forgetfullness... because we're always on HIGH alert for something being not quite right.

I've been there. Still am at times. It's a big unnerving when you realise you slur your words and automatically you think you're going to die.

But you seem fine.. the blood work being fine is also something you should be thrilled about!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: