Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Freaking out about arm pain  (Read 147 times)

Offline bpadilla49

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Freaking out about arm pain
« on: April 17, 2014, 05:43:10 PM »
So yesterday I noticed a pain in my forearm (on the upper side if your hand is placed flat down against a table, fingernails facing up) that lasted about 5 minutes. It was between my wrist and elbow on the left side, actually above the wrist. I didn't think much of it because it went away. Today when driving home, I got the pain again, but it lasted about 10 minutes. It was a deep ache - afraid it was/is bone pain. I have not injured it in any way, nor am I left handed. I'm worried I could have a bone tumor  :( Any advice or words of encouragement? How long before I should see a doctor about it?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
    • Poke This Member
Re: Freaking out about arm pain
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 06:02:49 PM »
If you pick something up, palm down, does it hurt?  Or how about if you straighten your arm out in front of you and flex your wrist up?
Bookmark and Share

Offline bpadilla49

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 06:54:54 PM »
Just tried it. No, it doesn't hurt when I do those things. The pain came out of nowhere and it was relatively brief - like I said - 5 minutes yesterday, 10 minutes today. No need to take tylenol or ibproufen because it came and went relatively quickly - but if it had kept up, I'd likely take something for it, and I normally don't take meds unless I really need to.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 08:20:29 PM »
I was thinking tennis elbow because mine hurts in the same place and hurts after driving.
But if it doesn't hurt when you do those things it's not tennis elbow.  I get that kind of pain though that you are talking about (with the tennis elbow) it's like a very DEEP pain, it's awful.  You may have irritated the ulnar nerve.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: