Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Pain and breathlessness.  (Read 90 times)

Offline dcam90

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
    • Poke This Member
Pain and breathlessness.
« on: April 17, 2014, 03:48:01 PM »
Hello!

The other day i went to emerg cause i was having bad shortness of breath and palpitations especially when i stood up from a seated or laying position. They did an Xray and EKG and Blood work and apart from a slightly high WBC everything seemed normal and not a cause for concern. The doctor at emerg was really nice but seemed a bit rushed so i'm terrified they missed something on my tests! He gave me some ativan and told me to speak to my family doctor and sent me on my way. Whats concerning me is this feeling i get whenever i walk up stairs or go to the store or do anything that requires any sort of effort , i feel as though i'm in the middle of a marathon cause i feel so out of breath and my heart rate is through the roof! This has been going on for months! Does anyone else feel this way? My test results came back normal but i'm terrified they missed something ;_; . No matter how much reassurance i get, I still find it hard to believe that anxiety alone can cause such uncomfortable constant physical symptoms.

Also, this morning i woke up with bad pain in my upper back and shoulders and in my pectoral muscles and in my right forearm. Along with some mild congestion.  I was cleaning my basement yesterday and now i'm scared I've inhaled some kind of mold or dust or whatever.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Artman9865

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Pain and breathlessness.
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 03:58:54 PM »
It's quite possible you are just sore from working on your basement yesterday and as for inhaling mold or something my furnace broke Iin the summer and  there was black toxic mold all over the basement and the guys who cleaned it didn't even wear masks and they were fine. The doctors ran those tests on you and they came back good how many people do you know that got test results back that the doctor had missed something on?  All the symptoms you have can be caused by anxiety also. Remember anxiety wants you to feel scared and think this way I know it's hard to tell yourself otherwise but you will be fine.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brick5711

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Pain and breathlessness.
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 04:14:49 PM »
This happened (and still does occasionally) to me. I had all sorts of tests run. My heart rate went to 225. All tests normal.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: