Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Online test results....definitely a mixed blessing....  (Read 287 times)

Offline Jenniferio

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Online test results....definitely a mixed blessing....
« on: April 17, 2014, 01:28:48 PM »
I survived my dreaded colonoscopy and after it I did blood work (4 vials) for which I was told the results would be online for me to check. 
You know I was in there the next day checking and most of them were up (not the path report - that will be a while) - its great to have the results so soon but the interpretation of them, going over them, researching the ranges, checking for possible new results every few minutes,etc. has me all in a tizzy.  So bad today (mis-interpreted a result and was told so in disgust by my husband!) I had an attack of nervous colitis.
So far today I've checked about 8 times and I've only been awake for 3 hours. 
Not sure online results are good for we h.a. folks - anyone else have them - how did you react?
Thanks
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lindsay2427

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
Re: Online test results....definitely a mixed blessing....
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 01:46:17 PM »
I am absolutely obsessing over my online portal right now. I had blood work done Tuesday at 1pm. Stil no results posted. This was a yearly psyical but they took 3-4 vials. I have checked almost every hour and still nothing is posted. I also have a flex sig on Monday I'm in sher panic over. I'm shaking I a type this. I haven't been able to eat and I have cried daily.
What at your colitis symptoms? I'm having the sig for periodic blood streaks on my stool. I'm terrified. It's been happening for 15 months. The anxiety it has caused is pure hell.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Rob783

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 02:16:26 PM »
I guess its a mixed bag for us health anxious people.  Its good that we don't to wait for a phone call from our doctors office to get the results, but then we obsess over waiting for the email.   
Bookmark and Share

Offline leah2013

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 08:48:43 PM »
What kind of bloodwork results r u reading on line? They usually come with a range. I have been overly nervous today panicky and crying over my results too. I fear auto inmune disease Also having a colonoscopy next week as my iron is low they need to rule out internal bleeding
Bookmark and Share
Going thru a rough patch! Praying for peace of mind and happiness!!!!

Offline Jenniferio

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2014, 09:30:35 PM »
Just a regular blood count I guess.  Checked hemoglobin, lymphocytes,etc.  The results came in 3 groups with ranges.  The last one (I hope) came in today - the path report on my colon.  Thankfully, all was fine and unchanged.  Whew! 
My first symptom with my ulcerative colitis was uncontrollable diarrhea. One time I went over 30 times in one day.  Then the blood streaking started (lots) - then the throwing up and fever.  When it went up to 103 my niece, an RN, told me I had to go to the ER but at the somewhat funky suburban Chicago hospital she sent me to - my bleeding really began in earnest.  They tried several things to get it to stop but it got worse.  Then, 4 days after checking in to the hospital they came up with the dx of ulcerative colitis and 'were about to rush me into surgery at 6 AM (NO time to lose!!!) I called my husband and he got me accepted into the University of Chicago hospital with one of the top gastroenterologists in the U.S. if not the world and I left for there via ambulance about 1/2 day latr.
They hated my guts at the suburban hospital as its insulting for someone to check out and go to a different hospital.  It was hell itself just to get the paperwork out of them.  My niece didn't speak to me for 5 years afterwards. 
At the U of C hospital - I was there about a week -and then sent home - colon intact. 
That's how important the doctor and the hospital are1 He, the doc, has devised a method for healing the colon and it worked for me and for others.  Not to say that when I checked in there in the beginning I wasn't dripping blood all over the bed and the floor and filling up the toilet with it but he (doc) got it to stop by giving me some meds they use to stop organ rejection by transplant patients.
So now its 12 years later and I just got a good colonoscopy report.  Happy girl!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: