Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Duloxetine start-up and diazepam  (Read 533 times)

Offline BusuB

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
Re: Duloxetine start-up and diazepam
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2014, 07:39:03 PM »
I'm so tired... from the moment I wake until I go to bed at night.  I don't know what to make of it.

Are you still taking diazepam? If so, it may be triggering a lot of the fatigue so try going without. It has a very long half-life so it may take nearly a week to make a difference. You could also try changing the time of day that you take the duloxetine.

Right now, 1 week at 30 and 4 weeks (as of tomorrow) at 60.

SE's still dealing with:
Fatigue
Occassional dry mouth
Blurry/Foggy Vision
Headaches
Low libido and lowered response

Most of these should ease as you adjust to the med. The ones likely to hang around are the dry-mouth and low libido. There are topical treatments for dry-mouth, but sipping water often is probably as effective and much cheaper. For the libido see here.

Ian

Ended up never taking the diaz strangely enough.  The start up anxiety pretty much went away when i picked up the script.  Maybe the comfort of having it available?  I don't know.  Yeah, i know still early days.  I seem to be adjusting better to this than other meds, but it still sucks, unfortunately.  Considered taking the dulox at night but haven't quite made the committment yet seeing as I'm tired all day with no respite at the end of the day and I still sleep quite fitfully so unsure if the time change would make much difference.  Mornings, outside of the fatigue, are getting better.
Bookmark and Share

Offline BusuB

• Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2014, 01:07:24 PM »
5.5 weeks in.  Doing much better. Still dealing with fatigue, but the underlying anxiety is definitely abating.  I'm hopeful the fatigue will drop off over time.  Sleeping quite fitfully, often going to bed much earlier than I'm used to and sleeping through the night outside of potty breaks.  My wife is noting good improvement.  Good signs altogether.  Feeling very hopeful so far.
Bookmark and Share

Offline comoso

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2014, 02:20:18 PM »
Awesome, BusuB, That's great.  Congratulations and enjoy. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline BusuB

• Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2014, 12:05:51 PM »
Rough morning so far getting on 6 full weeks (tomorrow).  Feeling a little low.  Anxiety remains mild.  Didn't sleep so well last night or the night previous although still tired.  Checking in with pdoc tomorrow and still dealing with mild nausea, fatigue, and occasional headache.  Anxiety improved but not where I want it to be and still dealing with occasional low mood.
Bookmark and Share

Offline BusuB

• Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2014, 05:56:27 PM »
Oh and itching and blurry eyes too!... ARGH!!!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: