Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Scare of CBC results today  (Read 693 times)

Offline IAMHEALTHY

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Scare of CBC results today
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2014, 09:12:14 PM »
Just wanted to send great luck your way and let you now I'm also in breakdown mode waiting on my blood work results. It was just a yearly physical and complete blood work up but I'm absolutely terrified. What's worse is u have a flex sigmoidoscopy scheduled for Monday morning because of periodic blood on my stool and I'm seriously a wreck and I'm talking a COMPLETE mess. I can hardly function on anything. I have been bawling. I hav 4 children ages 7, 5, 4, and 2. Many people an sdoctirs have told me its most likely my hemorrhoids from pregnancy but I'm a wreck. I am a stay at home mom and haven't been able to even do house chores. I have suffered from severe HA and the "c" word phobia since childhood which makes this all worse.
I'm hoping to have my CBC results today. I'm obsessively checking my online portal to see if they were posted.

OMG sweetie I feel the same way you do. I understand you 100%. Lets give each other support today. Like you I have scheduled a colonoscopy for next week because of my low iron and IBS pains. They want to rule out bleeding inside.... I have 2 small children 4 years old and 19 months and I know today I will be horrible. I have no motivation to do any house chores either.... and I am stock at home all day and my husband doesn't come back until 10 pm.
I am checking the portal too, since 6 am. This is totally OCD. I even email already the lady that emailed me my blood results 2 months ago and told her to please email me  the results asap.

I am a wreck too.....

For you though, my husband was having so rectal bleeding and was send for a sigmoid and it was all hemorrhoids. They are totally benign!!
Good luck and lets' keep each other posted....

How do you see your results online?

I don't trust my doc,because instead of reading me, my blood levels he said "forget" about it and is making me take a whole new test. I had elevated calcium, but i dnt know how elevated and this particular doc wouldn't tell me, another on didn't even mention it to me.

He's acting as if he's hoping it will go down or something.
Bookmark and Share

Offline leah2013

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2014, 02:00:11 PM »
I am sitting at the doctors office waiting  for her to tell me my results. My heart is pounding
Bookmark and Share
Going thru a rough patch! Praying for peace of mind and happiness!!!!

Offline leah2013

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2014, 09:52:37 PM »
I just wanted to give you an update. I told the doctor about my lupus fears and she said she is not thinking that AT ALL. She said my low iron is probably due to my periods. I am having a colonoscopy next week to make sure there is not bleeding that way.
She said because I can't tolerate oral iron that it's better to get iron thru IV infusion. Now I have an appointment with an hematologist in 10 days for that. That freaked me out, the hematologist works at a cancer center.... it's just scary, but I have to keep thinking is just for my iron deficiency.

She gave me Lexapro (Escitalopram) and I started 2 days ago but it looks like it bothers my IC and may not be able to take it GGGRRRRRR!
This is where I am standing.... **sigh*** I am so tired of going to doctor's
Bookmark and Share
Going thru a rough patch! Praying for peace of mind and happiness!!!!

Offline xxAmyxx

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2014, 10:44:53 PM »
Sounds like your Dr. is being thorough, that's great. I couldn't tolerate Lexapro either, maybe try Effexor next. Best of luck, you're going to be ok!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: