Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Symptoms & Fear  (Read 122 times)

Offline Snowy

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Symptoms & Fear
« on: April 16, 2014, 10:09:36 PM »
Do your symptoms match the illness you fear the most?

I know sometimes it's hard to recall which came first- the symptoms or the idea of an illness.  Either way, we all get caught in that cycle that's usually only broken by either a new worry or solid reassurance from medical professionals.  It always makes me feel better to step back and realize how ironic it would be if I did come down with the ONE thing I fear the most, at the exact time I'm fearing it.  Also to remember that if this was what I thought, it would have gotten worse by now.

So tell me your stories. (:  Do you have suspiciously convenient symptoms?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Artman9865

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Symptoms & Fear
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 12:41:52 AM »
This happens to me all the time when II'mhaving bad anxiety like tonight I start tthinking tthere is something else wrong with me and what do ya know I start getting symptoms which drives me crazy cuz then I get on Google and I start searching and it just makes things worse I say this all the time I am my own worst enemy some nights I lay in bed thinking I have some kind of terrible sickness or disease or ccancer or heart problems and I'm awake all night worrying about this and deep down I know it's all my anxiety telling me this and eventually I will feel better until the next time lol.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Snowy

Loved
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 01:03:53 AM »
Google is a terrible place for hypochondriacs!  Your first step should definitely be not to look up symptoms.  It's difficult, I know, but will pay off.  I understand, though.  It can be impossible to really believe it's just the anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Artman9865

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 01:53:04 AM »
Yes tonight is one of those nights to Iijust feel off like not right and jittery and Ii keep thinking somethings wrong with me so Iihave to fight to stay ooff Google . But itthink my problem Iis that i had a bad night last night with panic a didn't sleep and when idid finally sleep Ii was jolted awake by a panic attack so i think maybe i feel so off and not right is from not enough sleep I'm hoping Iifeel much better tomm Iif ican ssleep tonight and stay off Google but it is hard cuz the way ifeel.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Snowy

Loved
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 02:04:13 AM »
Yea, it's probably from not sleeping well last night.  You should just shut off the internet and try to get some rest. (:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: symptoms fears