Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Chronic anxiety help  (Read 254 times)

Offline Adelle55

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Chronic anxiety help
« on: April 16, 2014, 09:13:01 PM »
I have chronic anxiety not panic or anxiety attacks just feel anxious all the time, everything in life makes me anxious even the simple things. I'm anxious in my own house. I have improved compared to the way I use to be, but I can't stand this day in and day out. I have to struggle in everything I do.  Sometimes I feel like this life isn't worth fighting for anymore. I've had this for two years now, I have never experienced this before the two years. Family and friends had abandon me when this all started so I've had to fight the fight by myself and no support from others.  Does anybody else feel like this or had felt like this and had overcome this miserable life?  Don't tell me about meds and therapy I'm already doing that. Thanks!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ange7894

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Chronic anxiety help
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 07:32:20 AM »
I can sort of relate. No one else in my family experiences anything like I do, so they have no concept of what it's like. Sometimes my husband kind of heaves a sigh or rolls his eyes whenever I get nervous about something and over cautious, because he thinks I'm over-reacting. But he doesn't get it. It's very lonely sometimes because not only do I feel trapped in my own mind, but I feel completely misunderstood too. People just don't understand how isolating anxiety is.
Bookmark and Share

Offline naynaydevil2

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 09:50:32 AM »
I'm right along with you! I have a very hectic life. I have two very hyper, demanding kids, a full time job and some financial issues going on right now. I notice my anxiety is at it's peak in the morning right when I wake up and continues thru out the day. The only time I get a LITTLE relief is at night once the house in order and the kids are in bed.

It really helps to have a support system. My family is very supportive, although they don't understand what I go thru everyday. It sucks. All we can do is HOPE that meds and therapy do help at one point. This forum is good for you. vent anytime you need to.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Adelle55

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2014, 12:51:28 PM »
Thanks so much for responding! Yes, my anxiety is at its worst in the morning also.  Do you also feel off balance when walking?  I give you credit for working a full time job and taking care of your children. I had to leave my job when this all started, I had a very stressful and demanding job. I don't want to ask 20 questions but most people that have anxiety feel fatigued, I don't feel this a matter of fact I never feel tired are you this way? I noticed that you're from Salem, MA, I originated from Needham than moved to Middleboro. It was good talking to you:-)
Bookmark and Share

Offline naynaydevil2

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2014, 02:15:12 PM »
Thanks for the support towards me working and taking care of my kids.. but I had such a breakdown with this anxiety a few weeks ago I honestly thought i was going to have to go on disabililty. Now my psych and I are playing with my meds (paxil and lamictal) to try and break this. Man, there HAS to be a break!!!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Carl24uk

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2014, 03:05:35 PM »
Fair play! I had to hold down a job with 12 hour day and nightshifts last summer while having panic attacks was so hard but got through. Been fine for a year now feeling fuzzy and detached and nauseaous again. Know it's just the anxiety doing it but I haven't been able to stop it all day yet and bedtime soon :( if you need to chat about yours hopefully we can support and help each other
Bookmark and Share

Offline ARose318

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2014, 09:17:20 PM »
If you're already doing the meds/therapy thing and you're still having this much anxiety maybe it's time to switch meds? Just a thought.

I find myself anxious a lot, I work (p/t) and have a 13 month old. I do have a pretty decent support system though which is helpful. When I feel my anxiety start rising to a daily event I can usually calm it down with a few days/week of a rescue med - my go to for calmness is Klonopin (I take a 1/2 of a .50mg pill) once a day for about 7-10 days in the morning and it usually kicks me back down to "normal" level. I also take Zoloft daily as well.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: