Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Lupus  (Read 2276 times)

Offline Stressed Jumper

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Lupus
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2014, 01:00:53 PM »
My cousin has lupus and it is well managed.  Except for taking a few meds she has a perfectly normal life.  I doubt you have lupus but even if you do it is not a death sentence.  Hang in there!
Bookmark and Share

Offline leah2013

• Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2014, 10:08:27 PM »
Hi sorry about the ANA positive. Did your family doctor tested you for it?
I am kind of the same boat. I have headaches and recently developed wrist pain (about 2 weeks ago). I am also borderline anemic and my WBC went down a bit. I am very scared about lupus. I brought my concerns to my doctor last week and she said she wasn't thinking of lupus. My chiropractor doesn't think so either. But I am so scared they are missing it. I should probably get the test done. Good luck to you!
Bookmark and Share
Going thru a rough patch! Praying for peace of mind and happiness!!!!

Offline hoov22

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2014, 12:39:06 AM »
Hi there

Well, my next set of tests (specific lupus, kidney function and a variety of others) all came back normal, so it is great news. I also got my titer result Coldhands - 1:160 so very low as the lowest is the next one down apparently, 1:80. So.....I now have to keep a symptom diary (every little symptoms as they all add up apparently seeing this is hard to diagnose)and get tested in 6 months time for my ANA again. If it stays the same or lower then I do nothing, if it rises then I need to have the other tests done again and see a rheumy. It could be the very early stages of something....or a complete anomaly and nothing! My Dr isn't too worried. I am however still very tired, have back and side pain and stomach pain (all very mild) and the headaches are coming back again from my neck...but I guess we all know that could be anxiety. I'm going to go back to see a psych in the next two weeks to get back on top of things. I tell ya what, it's not easy having health anxiety and be asked  to keep a list of all of your symptoms....I hope having to do this doesn't make my HA worse!! x
Bookmark and Share

Offline leah2013

• Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2014, 07:54:29 AM »
Hey girl you made my day!!!!! Congrats on the negative results I am beyond happy for you!!!!
Bookmark and Share
Going thru a rough patch! Praying for peace of mind and happiness!!!!

Offline ColdHands

• Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Warm heart, strong mind, struggling liver
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2014, 10:15:36 AM »
Glad your tests were normal!  My titre is 1:640, so plenty high, but my AMA titer (the one for my autoimmune liver disease) is 1:160.  So I am hoping that is a good sign for me.

:)

Bookmark and Share
"There is just one more thing that bothers me."  Columbo

Offline hoov22

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2014, 12:03:10 AM »
thanks leah2013. I was very relieved...although I'm so tired I'm finding it hard to feel better! I'm sure a full night sleep (with no small person waking me)will make a huge difference! Keep me in th loop with your journey, and you too ColdHands  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything