Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Trying to stay sane.  (Read 68 times)

Offline Jameswastaken

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Trying to stay sane.
« on: April 16, 2014, 05:18:43 AM »
Hi everybody,

I'm 28 years old, and driving myself crazy. For as long as I can remember I've had problems with controlling anxiety, whether it be from the normal stresses in life, or more recently, health problems. I get anxious now without realizing it, and have no clue until I become short of breath, or I begin getting stomach pain. I used to self harm (cutting) when I was in my early teens, and have thoughts on occasion of what it would be like to die/end it/etc. Even with those shortcomings, I do believe I'm a stronger person then I give myself credit for, but I'm too afraid to tell anybody that I feel that way right now. I do have some stress relief, though; My two bunnies, and my very caring, and understanding girlfriend. They take my mind off of everything I put on myself, and give me courage to fight. I also collect action figures, and various other things, and that too has some therapeutic qualities.

Recently, I was diagnosed with a kidney disease called "nephrocalcinosis"which is in the same grouping as kidney stones, except that the calcium/deposits embed themselves into your kidney tissue. It's not something that can ever be fixed, just maintained and moderated to slow, or extinguish further growth. As you can imagine, this has set my anxiety to an all time high. I've still yet to be given a reason for it happening, outside of my nephrologist saying "It's hereditary" (Nobody on my mothers side has kidney issues, and I don't know my fathers), which for me, sounds like a lazy way out of trying to find an answer. I'm pretty much in some kind of pain every day, so it's really taking its toll on me mentally. I've lost 20lbs since the middle of January from having to change and adjust my diet, and I've become extremely emotional.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and I hope everybody here gets some kind of relief from their worries :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 168
    • Poke This Member
Re: Trying to stay sane.
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 05:57:52 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: