Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Ear pain - Deafness Fears  (Read 44 times)

Offline bluemidnight

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Ear pain - Deafness Fears
« on: April 15, 2014, 11:01:37 PM »
More anxiety :( I was okay for a few months, after starting prozac. Here's my terror (any help would be so wonderfully appreciated):

I have been having ear pain (inner ear, not the shell) for the past few nights. It starts after lying down, and remains for around 20 minutes after I get up. I know my sinuses are all messed up (I can breathe freely, but have post nasal drip and dizziness I associate with allergies). Today, however, the ear pain woke me up (that and a panic attack about the pain) and persisted throughout the day.
I KNOW I need to get to the doctor (I've been sorting out my health insurance and just got confirmation today that I'm all set), but until I can (crazy work hours) could anyone help reassure me that I'm not going to go deaf within the next few days? I'm a singer and engaged to a musician and just terrified of losing my hearing. How likely is an infection (sinus, or ear) to cause deafness in the first like... week of having it? Should I rush to the ER and have another panic attack, or is this something that takes a while to happen?
Argh. Sorry for the long post :( This stuff is so hard to deal with. Thank you, anyone who responds.
Bookmark and Share

Offline hiswaywardgirl

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Ear pain - Deafness Fears
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 12:39:25 AM »
Deafness is very unlikely! I've had MANY ear infections and sinus infections, and as long as you take care of yourself, you'll be fine. :) You may want to go to a doctor for some meds, if you haven't already. If you truly have an infection, you might need antibiotics or one of those steroid things that you inhale to open up your sinuses.

And yes, the ear/sinus infections will hurt like hell. Don't be afraid to take some painkillers!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: