Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: bug fears  (Read 130 times)

Offline Lara71

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
bug fears
« on: April 15, 2014, 08:17:42 PM »
I'm terrified of certain bugs namely spiders, roaches and especially house centipedes. Any time I feel a tickling I freak out that it's some bug.

Summer is coming and my house gets centipedes, especially in the bathroom. I take baths three times a week to relax and now I'm terrified one of them will show up.

Has anyone had a bug phobia that they managed to get over? What helped?
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: bug fears
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 01:25:00 PM »
I guess they are just another part of this life we live in. A part that most people don't like. I think spiders, small as some are, can be one of the biggest fears of all people. Even those with anxiety issues. I just tell myself they are harmless. They can't actually cause any harm at all. No idea where you are in the world. But I'm in Ireland. Spiders and the likes are all harmless here. Though I do see people still jump when they see them. I think if they seriously just looked at them. Understood they can't be harmed by them. It might take away some of that fear. A lot of the fear is the sudden appearance. If you knew one was there you may react in a different way than if one just suddenly appeared out of nowhere. The shock value of something you don't see. Then suddenly it comes into your vision. That is what makes most people jump. I garden a lot. So I am used to such things. Dig the garden and you get loads of them. But if I woke up with a spider on my pillow I probably would still jump. That surprise of it been there. Maybe some sticky paper in certain places they might come out of around your home.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: