Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Lump on spine  (Read 157 times)

Offline notdyingtoday

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • not dying today, check again tomorrow
    • Poke This Member
Lump on spine
« on: April 15, 2014, 07:09:57 PM »
So, I was poking at my back yesterday for non-HA, 'ow my muscles are seriously sore' reasons and discovered a lump on my spine. It's about an inch and a half, two inches in diameter, is sore (though possibly from poking it so often), and feels more like bone than anything else. I don't know how long it's been there, whether it's grown, anything.

I keep trying to tell myself it's a lipoma (even though I have one of those and it feels... different?) or something equally benign, but all the random things wrong with me that have been there for months - lower back pain, messed up menstrual cycles, leg cramps - are terrifying me. I don't want to go to the doctor, because I'm alone for a few weeks and can't deal with the thought of going without moral support to come home to, but I also don't want to spend a month in terror about cancer.

Basically: ugh. HA is the worst.
Bookmark and Share
"Nothing’s lost forever. In this world, there is a kind of painful progress. Longing for what we’ve left behind and dreaming ahead. At least I think that’s so."

Offline notdyingtoday

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • not dying today, check again tomorrow
    • Poke This Member
Re: Lump on spine
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 09:12:25 AM »
Anyone else with a similar issue?
Bookmark and Share
"Nothing’s lost forever. In this world, there is a kind of painful progress. Longing for what we’ve left behind and dreaming ahead. At least I think that’s so."

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 39
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Lump on spine
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 05:23:18 PM »
Could it be a muscle knot?  My girlfriend gets those in her back and they feel like chunks of brick.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: