Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Why does anxiety come and go without reason?  (Read 160 times)

Offline famv5

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Content
    Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Why does anxiety come and go without reason?
« on: April 15, 2014, 05:53:34 PM »
I haven't posted on here for a few weeks now because I've actually been feeling pretty good.  No real issues that I couldn't handle.

However, for some unknown reason, I feel it's back.  It all started yesterday.  Out of the blue, I felt a palpitation while riding in the car to go have lunch.  After that, I started to feel very anxious and had mild pain in my chest along with left arm.  It's the same pain I've always had off and on for years.  It seemed to subside last night after I got my kids in bed and could just relax. 

This morning, I woke up feeling fine but then it started again because I was thinking about it.   Throughout the day, I have felt small palpitations off and on and just feel anxious and jittery.  I feel the anxiety.  Whenever I feel jittery and continue to take deep breaths, I know I'm anxious.  I think the palpitations are worrying me and then it sets everything off. 

The baffling thing is that I can't think of anything in particular that is worrying me or giving me a reason to be anxious.  Why does it just come on out of the blue?  I mean, there are a few things right now that are stressing me but nothing that is really weighing on my mind.  Can something physically bring on anxiety like hormones? 

The last time I went to the doctor about this chest pain and arm pain, she felt it wasn't heart related.  She did suggest that I go and have a baseline stress test done just to ease my mind.  She said no rush that I could go any time.   

Should I do that?  What is involved with a baseline stress test?  Would they be able to tell if there is anything going on with my heart?  Could they also answer my questions of why I get these sudden palpitations?  I've had them for years.

I really haaaate anxiety. :(
Bookmark and Share
"Our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strengths" - Charles H. Spurgeon

Offline AP151

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Stop just existing, live while you can!
    • Poke This Member
Re: Why does anxiety come and go without reason?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 06:33:31 PM »
If you do it, ask a lot of questions. The test itself is only a temporary mind-ease. Have them explain how this can be caused by anxiety. If you understand "how" anxiety that becomes physical works it'll be easier to accept that it is in fact anxiety.
Bookmark and Share
"To live is rarest thing in the world. Most just simply exist." - Oscar Wilde

"Don't take life so seriously, nobody makes it out alive anyway."

Offline famv5

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Content
    Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Why does anxiety come and go without reason?
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 06:54:20 PM »
That's a great question to ask.  Thank you!
Bookmark and Share
"Our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strengths" - Charles H. Spurgeon

Tags: