Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Someone help :( als tongue fears!  (Read 331 times)

Offline Mookie15

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Someone help :( als tongue fears!
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2014, 10:16:06 PM »
Thank you Shawn. 

Yes I have been to bfs.  It seems that is consistent with what I am experiencing, however, you know how we anxiety sufferers are.  It's always the worst. I saw my psychiatrist today and he advised the same thing.  Speech sounded fine. Anxiety can cause all those things you mentioned.  I can't wait for the day to be myself again and enjoy my family.  Have to try and get busy living but that is easier said than done.

Appreciate your time in answering my post. God Bless. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline ShawnW

• Rec's: 20
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2014, 10:30:10 PM »
Thank you Shawn. 

Yes I have been to bfs.  It seems that is consistent with what I am experiencing, however, you know how we anxiety sufferers are.  It's always the worst. I saw my psychiatrist today and he advised the same thing.  Speech sounded fine. Anxiety can cause all those things you mentioned.  I can't wait for the day to be myself again and enjoy my family.  Have to try and get busy living but that is easier said than done.

Appreciate your time in answering my post. God Bless.

God bless you Mookie.  I do understand.  It's a battle everyday even with some tools and knowledge.  I have battled with all these fears and still do to some extent on bad days.  I too am affected by the speech issues.  I tell myself the things I tell others and I try to reason through it.  I know my body makes things up...my mind misinterprets them.  I cling to my faith and hope this pain is temporary, growing me rather than breaking me.  I experience everything you are experiencing...and I read stories of many others.  We are not alone and in that we can take some solace.
Bookmark and Share
My insight, thoughts, experiences or advice that may be posted in this forum are not meant as a substitution for the advice of your physician.

Want to know how to address your anxiety?
http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php/topic,93402.msg521266.html#msg521266

Offline Reallyworried93

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2014, 05:19:49 PM »
You lot are amazing. Honestly :)
I love reading all your responses when I'm feeling like I need reassurance, it's such a strange thing, everyone's symptoms feel so so real it's amazing what our minds can do really.
My speach problems and twitching came after I researched to much! It's made me overly conscious of every single natural body function, my mum told me I've always had a slight lisp and that I sound no different yet I feel like I can hear it's really bad and slurred, I have a feeling it's all in my mind but anxiety loves to make you doubt everything.
I now have a routine eye test tomorrow and I'm now panicking that there going to find a brain tumour, so irrational I know :( 
I feel like a mad women
Bookmark and Share

Offline ShawnW

• Rec's: 20
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2014, 06:18:03 PM »
You lot are amazing. Honestly :)
I love reading all your responses when I'm feeling like I need reassurance, it's such a strange thing, everyone's symptoms feel so so real it's amazing what our minds can do really.
My speach problems and twitching came after I researched to much! It's made me overly conscious of every single natural body function, my mum told me I've always had a slight lisp and that I sound no different yet I feel like I can hear it's really bad and slurred, I have a feeling it's all in my mind but anxiety loves to make you doubt everything.
I now have a routine eye test tomorrow and I'm now panicking that there going to find a brain tumour, so irrational I know :( 
I feel like a mad women

My speech issues also came after reading too much.  My whole body twitches came after reading too much.  My weakness came after reading too much.  Our minds are very powerful.
Bookmark and Share
My insight, thoughts, experiences or advice that may be posted in this forum are not meant as a substitution for the advice of your physician.

Want to know how to address your anxiety?
http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php/topic,93402.msg521266.html#msg521266