Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Tremor in Thumb!  (Read 192 times)

Offline Zocko 14

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Tremor in Thumb!
« on: April 15, 2014, 11:41:38 AM »
I have a tremor in my left thumb that is annoying, aggravating and scary at the same time! It happens with my left pinky every couple of days.  Of course PD has come to mind. It mostly only tremors when I hold my hand in a certain way. Has anyone had this before? How did it take for it to go away?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Keyser Söze

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Tremor in Thumb!
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 12:10:45 PM »
I have the exact same thing since my anxiety started. I became obsessed with my fingers because like you, I fear/feared Parkinson's. I have seen 2 regular doctors, 2 neurologists and 1 internist. They all told me to calm down and said it was anxiety related. Being 24 years old, I now choose to believe them 90% of the time. Last night was really bad and I am currently a bit in Parkinson's mode again. I have showed a lot more sighs which are common in Parkinson's for the last few months. They don't seem to progress, so I am trying to ignore them. I am not going to spend my days worrying whilst there is nothing you can do about it. Besides that, Parkinson's is a disease which most of the times lets you live a relatively normal life. It is the fear that takes your day away, not the trembling thumb.
Bookmark and Share

Offline MrMoleHill

• Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • I look, therefore I find.
    • Poke This Member
Re: Tremor in Thumb!
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 06:15:18 PM »
I used to worry about that, too.  I've had all kinds of twitches, including thumb and finger tremor/twitches coming and going for weeks and months at a time.  You're probably fine.

Just do what I do, and worry about something worse, like metastatic melanoma, and you'll forget all about PD, MS, and ALS, etc.
Bookmark and Share
We are all walking through the Valley of the Shadow of Death

Tags: