Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I think I need to go to the ER.  (Read 696 times)

Offline rileybug

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I think I need to go to the ER.
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2014, 06:13:53 PM »
Glad you kept your dr. appt-he sounds like a good and careing doc who will be willing to help you keep on track.  If the sig comes back clean-maybe a counsler would be of some help with the anxiety issues.  I think its hard for some of us to deal with uncertaintly in life-we like to know whats ahead and be prepared for it.  I know that i dont like uncertiany usually as i get older.(age 65)  I also know that life could be over any time cause im in that age bracket.  It scares me cause theres so much ahead i don't want to miss (daughters med school graduation-her weddding next summer or watching my sons daughter grow up.  I don't want to be cheated out of this.
Bookmark and Share

Offline snowberry

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2014, 06:20:04 PM »
Hi Lindsay, I'm sorry you've been having such an awful time. I'm glad your GP was understanding and has given you some help. Don't be afraid of the zoloft - give it a chance to do its thing, and you should be able to hang in there until Monday.

But please Lindsay, I am saying this again and I can't emphasise enough how important this is - please, please stop reading up about CC. Stop googling it, stop reading about it. It is NOT helping you, it is feeding your obsessive thoughts which is making you more and more anxious.

Take deep breaths (breathing out for longer than you breathe in), go for a brisk walk, marathon a new show or a movie, read a comfort book, do something, anything to distract yourself. As another poster said above, it's out of your hands - you've booked the test, you've got blood results on the way, and you've done what you had to do. In the meantime, think of it as your job to think about your situation as little as possible. We irrationally believe that thinking obsessively about things gives us some control over the situation, but it doesn't, it'll only eat you up and make you unable to function.

If you really feel you can't eat anything solid, buy some yoghurt and honey and eat that in the meantime. You can do this, hon, we're all behind you.

Bookmark and Share

Offline soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 16
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2014, 07:56:28 PM »
I'm soooo glad you kept your appointment with the GP.  Please take the Zoloft.  When you get to a therapeutic dose, your life with do a 180.  You'll wake up and realize wow it's been 15 minutes since I obsessed.  It gets longer every day until one day you can actually get through a day without thinking about it. 

I wonder if he would be willing to give you Xanax for the short term.  It would enable you to get through the time between now and the sigmoidoscopy.

My best friend's little brother had CC in his 20s.  There was no doubt.  The symptoms did NOT get better.  He also did NOT have any rectal bleeding.  His was genetic.  Since you don't have genetic component, I would bet $$ that you do NOT have it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lindsay2427

• Rec's: 9
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2014, 08:28:11 PM »
Thanks friends! I think I wil try the Zoflot. My mom was in it for many years for severe HA as general anxiety. She said it was a gret medication but she did have some side effects. My grandmother also sufferers from severe HA and actually obsesss over her stool. She literally gets her stool out of the toilet and goes through it with a knife! I know this HA is genetic. My dad told me  he also had a flex sig done in his 30s for blood in stool. He is 49 now and still has blood on a monthly occasion and absolutely nothing wrong! My mom also had the problem.
Im absolutely terrified if my CBC results but I'm being as patient and calm as I can. I promise no more googling CC. It's not doing a thing for me. When I google I'm a wreck. When I dot google I can go months with our my CC fear flaring up. It truly is a cycle. Although in between cycles I will have another fear such as MS, Brain tumor....
Jut not as severe as this CC fear.
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything