Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Panic and drinking  (Read 205 times)

Offline anxiousgrl

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Panic and drinking
« on: April 15, 2014, 09:46:41 AM »
Hi everyone,

I've been experiencing panic attacks for almost two years now. They stared when I was at work as a server two years ago(after a night of drinking). After the first episode I had panic attacks for about two weeks all the time, and then they started to gradually stop. I now experience them mostly the day after I drink alcohol and when I am really stressed(had one the other day before an exam). When I have them, it takes me a while to feel better again and I have the feeling that I am losing my mind for days, sometimes weeks after. I like to go out a drink with my friends, but I don't know if it's worth the anxiety I get after anymore. Does anyone else experience panic after drinking and have the feeling they're going crazy during and after a panic attack?

Thanks!
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: Panic and drinking
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 12:44:53 PM »
Drinking and anxiety can go hand in hand. Most drinkers with anxiety would find the next day a near nightmare. Won't even pretend that we don't have a good few drinkers as members. But we have others who gave up on drinking when they noticed what it was doing to them. Some just to see if it made any difference at all. I know a lot of people feel they must drink if out with friends. Don't want to be the odd one out. Maybe a night or two out without drink and see if there is any difference at all. Trial and error. But from reading posts in the past, drinking is almost always followed by a bad next day.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Aaron Davis

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Panic and drinking
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 02:07:42 PM »
Drinking is the number one reason that has led me here. I believe that getting drunk was the main catalyst that resulted in severe anxiety.
While I was drinking - I felt wonderful - all anxiety was out the window.
The next day...absolutely terrible. I believe this happens for several reasons...people who love the effect of alcohol probably have underlying anxiety issues, once the drug wears off you feel the stress even more because you were  used to it being gone while drunk (alcohol withdrawal is a real thing!), alcohol dehydrates the body which has a negative effect on how your body and brain feel physically, alcohol (although you "pass out" after consuming it) does not give you the kind of sleep you need - your body is working to get rid of the toxins and youre not achieving the actual restful sleep that your body wants.
I spent years of pain from not learniing my lesson. Stop drinking...you don't need it...and trust me, (it might take a while) but you will find that life is much more ffulfilling without it. Say goodbye to alcohol and say goodbye to the morning after panic!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: