Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I just broke a mirror, does 7 years badluck exist?  (Read 176 times)

Offline Jenna

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
I just broke a mirror, does 7 years badluck exist?
« on: April 14, 2014, 11:03:33 PM »
I was feeling bad today and then I broke a mirror. I felt it coming before it even happened. I want to do the reversal just to get peace of mind.  It said to leave it on the floor where it fell originally for 7 hours to reverse the badluck.. but I picked it up already so I put it back. :/ Does that render that method useless? It also said to bury it in the moonlight during a full moon next to a tree. Does it have to be shattered to fine dust?? I feel like breaking it more is a bad thing. What bothers me is there are no internet sites that say its a myth except ***** really. The stories I read creep me out so I just feel bad.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: I just broke a mirror, does 7 years badluck exist?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 05:33:12 AM »
To hell with bad luck. You make your own luck in this world. Old housewives tales. Nothing more, nothing less. Yesterday a black cat crossed my path. A second later a magpie landed in front of me. No big deal at all. It is all in the person's head. If a person believes in all that rubbish they will blame it for everything that might go wrong over the next few years. Oh I broke a mirror a few years ago. You believe in Voodoo? Sticking pins in dolls. Causing other people harm by doing this? Most probably not. But if you go to Hati you will find a whole country that believes in Voodoo. To us it is nothing. It would mean nothing to us. We would laugh at it. But to a person from Hati they would have a great fear of Voodoo. All boils down to the person. I think it is a load of rubbish.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Rob783

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 08:37:16 AM »
Its only bad luck for the mirror since its broke.

I think the myth started by in the old days when mirrors cost a fortune.  Same thing with spilling table salt, it was a waste/sinful. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline CarrieAnn

• Rec's: 14
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 09:44:00 AM »
I don't believe in superstitions at all, you shouldn't either.  The worst thing that can come from this is that you would waste 7 years worrying over nothing---now I would call that bad luck.

Take care :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline electric_monk

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 03:00:08 PM »
Props to CarrieAnn for her response - the only bad that can come from this is if you drag yourself into a deep, dark hole worrying over a superstition.
Bookmark and Share