Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Shortness of Breath  (Read 71 times)

Offline park682

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Shortness of Breath
« on: April 14, 2014, 09:39:23 PM »
I was wondering if anyone has had shortness of breath even when they aren't anxious at that moment? I'm not having a panic attack or hyperventilating...doctor said it's anxiety....
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ira

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Shortness of Breath
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 09:45:02 PM »
I do almost everyday.  I've talked to a doctor and he says its anxiety.  The feeling I get sometimes feels like all the air is being sucked out of my throat and theres a jolt of like Im waking up for the first time.  At first I thought this was some kind of respiratory problem, but the doctor doesn't feel theres a need to do any tests if I always check out after a normal exam.  Anxiety can create almost any symptom under the sun it seems.
Bookmark and Share

Offline MichGuy

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Shortness of Breath
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 09:46:42 PM »
If you read through some of my past posts, you'll see that has been my primary symptom for 3+ years.

Doesn't matter if I feel anxious or not. Sometimes I catch myself taking quick, shallow breaths; other times everything seems normal before I get hit with it.

For me,  it is Vocal Chord Dysfunction caused by anxiety. I have had my heart, lungs, nerves, etc. all thoroughly checked and its always clear.

Definitely possible to feel short of breath all day and not actually 'feel' anxious (outside of the whole not being able to breath think  >:()

Xanax as needed, and talking to a psychologist have helped me a ton. Best of luck, and God Bless!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: