Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?
Anxiety Forums & Chat Rooms

New Here

Offline osprey

• Personal text
New Here
« on: April 14, 2014, 02:45:52 PM »
Hi, my name is Rebecca.

Lately I've been noticing that my heart has been skipping beats.  I don't really feel it in my chest so much as when I take my pulse.   I don't know if I'm worrying myself into ectopic beats or if there's really something wrong with me.  I've been to a cardio and he seems to think there's nothing wrong, but i'm almost always on the verge of tears thinking about this. My grandmother, whom I was very close to passed away in February and everyone is telling me that stress brought these on and I supposed they could be right, but I'm so scared of having a heart attack that I'm pretty constantly in a state of near anxiety attack. I don't know what to do.  I have another appointment with my cardiologist on April 29th for an Echo and a Holter but I'm not sure I can wait until then because I'm freaking out. I don't think I have chest pain, but then I think about it and convince myself I do.  I don't think I'm having trouble breathing til I think about it.  I'm a mess.  I was prescribed xanax but I really want to deal with my anxiety without drugs.  I think mostly I need people to talk to who don't think I'm nuts and that there's nothing wrong with me, because even though These PVCs/PACs may not be dangerous, they're certainly ruining my life. :(

Thanks
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

Re: New Here
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 05:09:17 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue