Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Can Weak Chest Muscles Be Painful?  (Read 127 times)

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Can Weak Chest Muscles Be Painful?
« on: April 14, 2014, 11:12:13 AM »
I'm a horrible heart worrier and have been checked out 9 ways till Sunday - doctor says they can't do any further testing without actual exploratory surgery - of course all of us cardio phobes know this means little to me lol especially the last test I had was in 2011 so in my mind so much time has gone by.....

Anyway, I'm working of getting healthier - lost over 40 lbs since 2011 and now just 10 from where I should be.  I'm starting to work on getting more exercise which is hard because I'm just lazy.

Sometimes I get pain in my chest - sort of feels like my pectorals - I know their weak from lack of exercise but can weak pecs be painful?
Bookmark and Share

Offline vardnas

• Rec's: 98
    • Poke This Member
Re: Can Weak Chest Muscles Be Painful?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 01:27:26 PM »
Congrats on the weight loss! That's amazing.

I don't know if a weak pec can be a cause of chest pain, but I do know that tense chest muscles certainly can. If you're chronically stressed (if you don't "feel" stressed), tight chest muscles can certainly be a problem.
Bookmark and Share
In case anyone is still confused:  googling your symptoms will cause you to remain in a state of extreme anxiety. Stepping away from the internet is the first step toward lasting peace.

Offline wegngis

• Rec's: 17
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
  • Personal Text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Can Weak Chest Muscles Be Painful?
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 05:35:41 PM »
Mine aren't that weak, but super-duper tight.  Physical therapy has helped teach me stretching exercises that have helped.  I go through a lot of pain, too.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety happens at the subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state.  - AnxietyZone member Sixpack

Tags: