Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Anyone else have ringing in their ears?  (Read 128 times)

Offline Blueberry

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Anyone else have ringing in their ears?
« on: April 14, 2014, 09:38:11 AM »
How'd it start? Do you know your reason? Does it go away?

One night two or three months ago my ears just started ringing. I was fine one second then they just began ringing and wouldn't stop. Prior to that I had been having ringing moments for a few days however they lasted at maximum one hour. I went to bed, expecting it to disappear come morning, but it was still there. Three days of non-stop ringing later I went to the doctor, he checked my ears, found excessive wax, removed it, and it didn't help one bit. For a few weeks I thought I had a sinus infection or ear infection, since I was having sinus pressure and tension headaches, so I'd clean my ears daily with hydrogen peroxide. Nothing changed.

So it's been like this for a while now. Sometimes it's barely noticeable, other times it's like a small alarm in my head. I think it disappeared for a few days but now it's back. I'd like to imagine it's stress related..
Bookmark and Share

Online Jess0617

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anyone else have ringing in their ears?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 11:42:21 AM »
Last month I had severe ringing in my ears and I was convinced I had a brain tumor because I was also waking up with awful headaches. I went to the ER and they did a ct scan of my head, everything was fine. The doctor told me that basically everyone has ringing in their ears and there isn't really an explanation for it, it's called tinnitus and is completely benign. People with HA tend to be more aware of it though. Once I started feeling better it has gotten a lot quieter but it's still there, I just don't notice it unless I really focus on it. My mom has also had ringing in her ears since she was younger. It's a very common symptom of anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Offline snowberry

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 01:03:28 PM »
Yes, I have ringing in the ears. It can come on suddenly, or be a long-term thing. Some have it more than others. Tinnitus is very common and usually harmless, although if it's affecting your ability to hear, you should let your doc know in case something (a harmless something, like an inner ear infection,) is exacerbating the issue.
Bookmark and Share

Online mollyfin

• Rec's: 35
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 02:38:41 PM »
I do, but I've had it my whole life (I've also had anxiety my whole life, literally - from the time I was old enough to have a personality, I was always anxious and worried!).  It gets better or worse with no real rhyme or reason.   Anxiety definitely does not help it.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: